Complaints & Reviews

catfish swimming pool vacuum

Pool supply world is the worst company I ever purchased from. They just sell trash Do not buy from them. I purchased the catfish pool vacuum and it does not work, I wanted to...

awful experience/don't recommend this company

Awefull experience. I did not get the brand name I purchased. Their only explanation was "believe me it is made up of the same chemical". That's like buying a particular brand name purse, say Coach, and a genetic vendor comes and tell you and swears that his purse is made up of the same material as Coach... Likely not. It does not feel good. I feel that they just stick to rear end... Not good experience. I think that we are entitle to get the brand we buy and not come with the reasoning that "believe it is made up of the same stuff" BS.

They do not deliver the brand you purchase.. be careful!!!

sent wrong item

I ordered a Polaris 280 and was sent a Polaris 360 which is very different. After a week of trying to get in touch with someone, I was told it would cost a 15% restocking fee plus shipping. This was their "mistake". Why should I have to pay? I read other reviews with the exact same issue so I think this is a scam. They charged me over $100 for absolutely nothing, other than a lot of stress and headache. Never will I buy anything from these people again.

Terrible customer service

I bought several parts from them and the email stated that they will be shipped within 12-14 days.
I checked the status every day and I called them to find out what happened. They said there was something wrong and they have no information when the order will be shipped. If you don't know, then who the hell knows? Terrible. I paid money to hear "sorry, but we don't care and are not in a rush to send you hat you paid for"...

PoolSupplyWorldAvoid this dreadful company!

I have purchased a filter from www.poolsupplyworld.com and it did not work properly so I contacted customer service and asked for a refund. They said that first they need to contact the manufacturer to see if it was possible and they promised to contact me back later.
Later they said that manufacturer refused to refund my money. I said that I did not care what the manufacturer said. They sold me a defective product and were supposed to refund my money. They promised to think of something.
Later when I called they just hung up and they did this over and over again. What a scam! Avoid this dreadful company!

• Po
    PoolSupplyWorld Jul 21, 2016

Very sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with PoolSupplyWorld. Please contact us at 800-772-0467 and a supervisor would be happy to assist further with your purchase. Thank you!

PoolSupplyWorldNo customer support!

I have ordered a robotic pool clearer with a warranty. When it arrived it looked strange. Something was not right with the box, it looked a bit battered. I decided to try it but it did not work. I thought that since I had a warranty it would not be a problem to get a replacement or at least get this one fixed. Emailed PoolSupplyWorld customer service about my issue and received no response! I also tried to call, but nothing!

www.poolsupplyworld.comThey refused to repair and my warranty was useless

I bought motor block for the automatic cleaner from the company www.poolsupplyworld.com. The seller provided one year warranty and assured that we would get the fast and perfect repair services. It was blah-blah, because the robot and the motor broke as well after 4 months, but the seller simply refused to pay for the repair services. Please, help me to get money from this company, because they are liars.

PoolSupplyWorldJust Horrible

Horrible. I'd like to know how many of these reviews say PoolSupplyWorld have great customer service when I can NEVER get them on the phone? Sounds a little made-up. I've been trying to deal with them for two weeks on my order and all I received so far are the Pool Liner Coping, and I'm still waiting for my liner. I finally received a shipping tracking number for what looked like my entire order, but all I got was the coping. Meanwhile, they already charged my credit card so I can't go out and buy another liner, now that I've already wasted 2 weeks of a precious summer here in MI (we barely get 3 months of swimming weather). They've only called me back once from the emails and voicemails I've left them. JUST HORRIBLE.

I'll never do business with them again, ever. Now if I can only back out of my order so I can get one from a legitimate vendor. Really, are you still in the 80's over there? You can't have your warehouse communicate with your ordering system so we know the "real" status of our orders, not just some bs "we need to contact our warehouse to see if it shipped" excuses? Never again.

• Kn
    Kn73mm Aug 03, 2011

They promote 24 to 48 hour shipping from warehouse, i have waited 8 days and product still has not shipped.
    even after they verified by phone they had my item "instock" !

• Re
    Rextus Dec 01, 2011

Ordered a Jandy pool heater 3 weeks ago and still not in. customer service sucks and can never get anyone. Stay away from this company

PoolSupplyWorldStay away, you've been warned

I almost forgot about this company, but when I was reviewing my favorite pool supply company, a painful memory popped up. I hope they have improved their processes, and they probably have - or maybe I was an isolated injury.

What happened was that I called poolsupplyworld a few years back to get some advice on how to fix my pool filter. I got transferred around until I ended up with a very grumpy [rude!] young man who acted like I was wasting his time - he actually said I should call a local service company to come fix it - I was tryign to buy something from them! As I calmly persisted to ask what I needed [to buy] to fix my filter, he eventually went silent, I think I was put on mute. Then he spoke up and said that he's "really busy, maam" - and then hung up on me!

I fumed for weeks after that - nowadays we have forums like measuredup - to make these rascals come to light!

I cannot recommend this company, or any company who treats their customers this way. Stay away, you've been warned!

• Gi
    giuseppesim Jun 07, 2011

You are lucky you talked to a real person...
    I was going to order something from them after seeing how cheap their prices are on ebay and their website. I found a few negative reviews, mostly about out of stock and long delivery times, (the positive reviews look planted) so I tried calling them to talk to a real person before placing an online order. I tried 3 days in a row and could not get a person. I kept getting transferred to a voice-mail box that was full so you can't leave a message. I sent an email and received a response after 5 days giving me a direct number and extension to call to place my order. After 2 days with no answer at that extension I decided to pay a little more and ordered from another online retailer. There is no way I will order from a place that I can't contact. Now I know they are rude too.

• Ir
    irvku Jun 10, 2011

I had exactly the same experience as giuseppesim did. Could never get anyone on the phone - I only tried for eight hours. I will also pay a little more, from a local company, to ensure I'm not ripped off. I've only dealt with one online pool supply company (Doheny's) who gave me great customer service when I ordered a new pool liner. PoolSupplyWorld seems more a joke than a real business.

• Mc
    mc11269 Jul 03, 2011

Well, I hope I do get contacted, because I have been trying to make contact for 3 months! I was sent the incorrect item, an expensive heater part that is the wrong manufacturer. It doesn't fit my heater, and I can't get any help - no refund - no commuication at all! The only contact I have been given was a rude person who said I ordered wrong - when what I was sent is not the item number that is on my order. Can't argue that! I guess I'm left holding the bag. I'm not doing business any more with this company. I'll write this off I guess. Thanks.

• Si
    sickpuppyzz Aug 19, 2011

We recently placed an order over the phone and explained "exactly" what we needed. The person on the other end assured us we would get the correct part.
    ...THE WRONG PART CAME...
    We had to return the part and pay a 20% restocking fee because the company won't admit their mistake or take the complete hit!

I cannot recommend this store to anyone.

Poolsupplyworld.comThey had the nerve to charge me for the shipping on something I never even received

I ordered online, got a conffirmation, item shipped 3 days later. Ok, good - i thought. Waited and waited for the item, it didnt show up. I never got an email tracking number sent to me, and try to get someone on the phone to help you! this outfit thinks everything runs on autopilot - well my order got screwed up and i couldnt get any help with it.

The shipper, it turns out, LOST my package. Everyone kept saying it was delivered, but it never showed up here. When I finally got someone to return my call (after literally, 6 calls to them), I was made to feel like I stole the package and didnt want to pay for it. It never arrived here, even though they said it was delivered.

This went on for weeks, and then 2 more weeks to get my refund - IN FULL, because they had the nerve to charge me for the shipping on something I never even received!

Do yourself a favor, avoid this company.

• To
    Tomstom Dec 21, 2010

Ordered a filter for my spa and it took exactly one month before I received it. I kept calling and speaking to a rep named John and he kept putting me off. Finally I received it. Wished I had bought on Ebay where I could rate the seller.

• La
    Lascre Dec 05, 2011

$3, 378.76 for pool equipment in stock, ship in 1 day, deliver w/in 3 days my ###. Not returning calls, email or my money and no merchandise.

Poolsupplyworld.comDo yourself a favor, avoid this company

I ordered online, got a confirmation, item shipped 3 days later. Ok, good - i thought. Waited and waited for the item, it didnt show up. I never got an email tracking number sent to me, and try to get someone on the phone to help you! this outfit thinks everything runs on autopilot - well my order got screwed up and i couldnt get any help with it.

Do yourself a favor, avoid this company.

Poolsupplyworld.comWill not process my refund

"No problem" is what they said when I wanted to return this piece of #$%^@ pool cleaner to them. I told them that I tested it out and it didn't work. I called to get some tech support, and PSW referred me to the cleaner manufacture. called them, went thru steps, but cleaner would not operate properly [in my pool]. PSW told me to return the item, and depending on it's condition, I may have to pay a 20% return fee. OK, I agreed to that, paid to have it shipped back - and now have been waiting for 6 weeks (!) to get my money back. I'm ready to dispute it on my card, but thought I would vent my frustration here first and see if they will return my calls, and more importantly, return MY MONEY!

Poolsupplyworld.comI can't get any attention, and have sent 4 emails and 3 voicemails

Fell in love with the site layout, but is anyone home? I can't get any attention, and have sent 4 emails and 3 voicemails. All I really need is some help with the part I ordered. It looks different than the old one, and I dont want to tear down everything until I know. I guess I have to go out to the internet to find my answer, but it would be nice if the company you buy stuff from can give support on how to use their products. That, plus the non existent communication after my transaction was complete makes this company a low baller, not recommended!

Poolsupplyworld.comSubstitutes inferior generic chinese products

Ordered a heater part for our Laars pool heater. They had a good price on the item - and I received it in about 10 days (yeah, I know, but that's not the source of my complaint) - the item was not what I ordered, (pressure switch), but was a cheap knock-off no name brand. It doesn't fit. It's not what I orderd! When I called they told me that the part # I orderred has been replaced by what they sent me. That's a Lie! I called the manufacture and they told me differently - my item is very much available. I paid full price for the real thing, and they sent me something that costs them much less than the real thing. I hope this embarasses you poolsupplyworld - you've lost me as a customer!

• Pk
    pks95120 May 08, 2017

Pool Supply World sold me an old version of some pool equipment that they had in their warehouse. I am not able to use this equipment with the latest features because the unit they sold me was two years old when they sold it to me. The more recent version that I needed was out for over a year already, but Pool Supply World only had old stock and sold it to me as if it was the latest revision. I now would need to spend over $300 more to get the feature that I wanted to work. Pool Supply World told me that they sell whatever is in their stock, no matter how old it is, and they consider it to be the latest! Buyer Beware! If you shop with Pool Supply World you will get what they have in stock, even if it is years old and outdated revisions. They don't seem to care.