Southern California Edison / cutting off the power without noticed

Corona, CA, United States Review updated:

I moved in Jan/14/2013 in corona with new ownership. I started turn on the services with edison company and all of a sudden power shut down 2/14/2013 in the evening. My mom was stay alone in house and she fell down from steps and she was delivered to ER. Now she has fx of right arm. I called SCE and asked why power has been cut down without notice. They told me they tried to contace me different number that number unable to leave voice message. I told them that was not the number i given to them and asked why you didn't send me a email or mail at my house if the number was not able to. They also told me that was not their policy and I had to update recent phone number myself. Excuse me. I gave recent phone number and Edison have diffierent # that i didn't give to.
Finally I talked this issue with supervisor and she also told me that if I want to reconnect service right now I must pay over 1000 that previous owner owned Or I must send my driver license and SSN and Grant deeds then they will investgate within 48 hours. It doesnt completely make sense and insane process they provided for me. My mom was injury and fracture now because i cutting off the power without notice.

Eu
Feb 15, 2013

Comments

• Dr
      Mar 22, 2018

I am a senior citizen on a limited income, today we had a power outage and afterwards my air condition heater wont work. I called Southern California Edison, who told me not only that they don't handle this problem but could not come out to look at it.. Instead I was told I could file a claim online. I have paid my ridiculous bill always with Edison and have never been late. This time when a problem arose from Edison, I was told they don't handle this and not doing anything period. In my next life I will like to work for Edison where every answer to a problem Is no we don't do that. I would like to file a claim next month that I don't want to pay my bill, lets see how far that goes