[Resolved] Southeast Toyota Financeexcessive wear charges

This company is a disgrace. They scam you!! They're trying to charge me $900 in excessive wear. My car was in perfect condition! They are a joke!! I've never dealt with such a rude company! They also don't tell you they are not associated or owned by Toyota! I will make sure anyone I know never uses this disgrace of a company ever again!!!

• Resolution statement

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Jul 13, 2016

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be happy to review the account in reference to the end of lease process. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
    J. Murray
    Southeast Toyota Finance
    [protected] ext. 1204343

Comments

• Bo
      Oct 13, 2010
    Southeast Toyota Finance - Father died, blind mother stuck with Toyota lease
    Southeast Toyota Finance

Upon calling Southeast Toyota Finance to inform them that since my father had passed away and my mother was incapable of driving, we would be returning their 2009 Toyota Camry to end the $333.00/month lease payments. They indicated, that doing so would damage my mother's credit rating.

• 65
      Jun 23, 2016

I turned in a 2013 lease upon purchasing a 2016. I turned the car in early with a salesman who a) told me he would have the car cleaned and detailed before it was inspected b) the car was in perfect condition and I did not have to worry about any lease termination charges c) the payment for the last month of the lease would not have to be paid. I DID HAVE TO PAY IT. Guess what - a) he claimed this was done the first time, the car was inspected and I received a bill for $2, 012 from SETF. The car was detailed / cleaned again and the same salesman said it was spotless. Yet SETF now claims the entire two front seats had to be replaced and is hounding me for $2021. And the 'car was sold'. So it can't be reinspected. SETF said first they needed in writing that the dealership had this done...dealership will not provide a letter because the vehicle was cleaned offsite! June 22 SETF said someone from the dealership could call with this information...the salesman called and SETF told him they wanted it in writing. SETF won't produce any documentation that the seats were replaced.
    I am being told 'you know they didn't replace those seats'...'the inspector was new and didn't know what she was doing'...'we aint' never had no charges like that on a leased vehicle'...So as I see it right now SETF does not believe their dealership...the dealership will say anything to sell a car...and nobody wants to hear me - a 7 time Toyota customer! SETF informed me that this needs to be taken care of because it has been on the books awhile (since MAY 2016!). I have been in constant contact with SETF and the dealer to clear this up. Time to see an attorney I guess...