[Resolved] Southeast Toyota Finance / Be careful

I will not use them again after my horrible experience. But when you have "Finance" in your name...profit is the game. People appear to be expendable. I warn you all to be very careful. I receive calls from one number that knows all that is going on with account and another number shows up that doesn't. One rep. tells you an amount to pay and another says something different. Nothing in writing but needs money ASAP. Then the wrong move and they take your car. Someone needs to stop them. I had a rep. yell at me one night and threaten to come take my car after I fell upon hard times. When you get close to paying your car off...be careful.

• Resolution statement

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Oct 25, 2013

Your post was recently brought to our attention and we appreciate your feedback. Providing great service is our priority. You are welcome to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your concerns. Our customers are important to us, so we appreciate every opportunity to assist. Please feel free to contact me at 314-702-4206.
    M. Davis

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Jan 05, 2015

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. I would be happy to review your account and go over any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
    1-800-267-0855 ext. 1205171

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Feb 24, 2016

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. According to our records your request has been resolved. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at J. Murray Southeast Toyota Finance 1-800-267-0855 ext. 1204343.

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Mar 07, 2016

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. I am reviewing the account with the Title department supervisor to confirm if we are able to further assist you. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
    1-800-267-0855 ext. 1204343

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Apr 19, 2016

I am sorry to hear about your experience, please contact me at 800-267-0855 x 1204343. I would like to discuss your concerns and would appreciate your feedback.

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Jul 06, 2016

We are currently reviewing your account and will respond shortly. Providing great customer service is our priority. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 800-267-0855 ext.1204343, J. Murray Southeast Toyota Finance

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Jul 12, 2016

We have reviewed your concerns. If you wish to discuss further, please contact me at SETF J. Murray 800-267-0855 ext 124343. Thank you

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Jul 13, 2016

We have reviewed the account and have responded. If you wish to discuss further please contact me at your convenience. Thank you J Murray SETF 800-267-0855 ext 1204343

• Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Feb 17, 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be happy to go over any questions or concerns that you may have regarding the payoff process and the title being released. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
    1-800-267-0855 ext. 1757820

Va

Comments

• Di
      8th of Jul, 2008

I paid off my car with a cashier's check on June 17th (TO BE RID OF OF THEM) and the message said my account was paid off-UPON ACCESSING MY ACCOUNT. They took all my information off the internet TO access MY ACCOUNT and my ability to contact customer service on line. I sent several emails that were negative about their service. I did not receive any calls as a result of those complaints. I contacted the corporate office and one gentleman was of help. After I overnighted them 10, 000 plus dollars (cashier's check) on June 16th it is July 9th and I haven't received my title. The account access message said I should receive within 7 days. I called twice and the first customer service person said "I don't know why they haven't mailed your title" and the second time they put me on hold and never came back. It appeared they were avoiding sendng me the title? I am still fighting for my title but there was a gentleman at the corporate office that was the one bright spot and has attempted to help...but it is still over 22 days out, with NO TITLE IN SIGHT!! It is scary...but I will be speaking to an attorney first thing tomorrow.

• Ni
      11th of Jul, 2008

I agree SETF screw up my credit for no specific reason. I made a payment and the check bounced but I made a second payment right away. Well they reported to the creit bureau that I didnt made a payment for that month. Now I can't refinance by vehicle to get out of the 19% APR I have with them. I contacted them and they can't do anything about it. I filled a claim with the bureaus but it never out of my credit. I higly recomment not to used them. BE REALLY CAREFULL WITH THIS COMPANY.

• Di
      24th of Jul, 2008

I recently paid off my vehicle and got my title with delay of two weeks longer than I was told. Then I received a check in the mail for an overpayment of about $300.00. There is no Bank of America in this area so I cashed it at my bank. Unfortunately I deposited it in my checking account and forgot about it. I started writing checks as this was supposed to be a reputable company?! Within 10 days they stopped payment on the check without a call or notice or anything!!! So now I owe my bank $300+. I complained to SETF, World Omni or JM Family, yet again I am without any assistance. I did nothing wrong. I Just cashed a promissory note made out to me. THEY MADE THE MISTAKE AS THEY DO SOOOO OFTEN AT YOUR EXPENSE. It was their mistake as they reported that a fee had not been added prior to sending that check out. I was not compensated in anyway. Once I pay off the money with the bank I plan to sue as this experience has been a nightmare!! Most companies of this size would have said due to all the trouble you have had we will take care of this but not this one. The customer is not important. The sad part is that I have paid them over 20, 000 of my money to be treated so badly. I am glad my experience is over but BEWARE consumers...JUST BEWARE!

28th of Aug, 2012

I have just financed my car with this company and I never had to fight a bank to take a payment ever.In the result of their many issues for payment options it caused me to open another bank account.I just recently looked at my credit report and the show my first payment as being late after the supervisor assured me she will call back and never did so. I was disgusted at the lack professionalism of this company and many fees. Absolutely the worst of the worst

30th of Aug, 2012

Dear Jahnell,
    I am sorry to hear about your frustration. I am interested to learn more about your situation and see if there is anything we can do to help you. Please give me a call at your convenience.
    M. Davis
    314-702-4206

• Pa
      8th of Jun, 2013

Do not use this company to finance your car! I made the mistake of doing this and they screwed up my credit right when I was trying to close on a house because they lost the fax I sent changing my payment date, they reportedly payment as 33 day late and all because they lost the fax I sent requesting a payment date change. I even have the confirmation page for the fax and they still didn't bother to fix their mistake, now I can't close on my house and have nowhere to go after the 30th bc I gave my 30 day notice at the apartments I live in. This people are horrible !!!

• Ts
      13th of Aug, 2013

I totally agree! These people are HORRIBLE! Please DO NOT trust them! We paid on our vehicle for two years with no late payments, before falling on hard times and having to file bankruptcy. Our vehicle was one of the first things to be paid off. We just recently paid off the entire bankruptcy earlier than expected but because WORLD OMNI still has not sent in a release of claim form, like they were suppose to, they were sent another check (in error) by our trustee. They acknowledge receiving the check but refuse to say when it will be sent back to the trustee. I always get the runaround when I call and no one will give me a straight answer. They are required by law to send the check back but still have not done so! My trustee says I can have my bankruptcy lawyer sue them for the money, lawyers fees and court costs and I am seriously considering it. I was told once by an agent that it was an accounting issue and so I asked to speak to someone in that department and was told "That is not allowed." How long does it take to put a check in an envelope, address it, put a stamp on it and send it back? Been sitting here 6 months waiting and I'm still waiting! I even called the headquarters in Florida and still got the same old song and dance! NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

• Re
      8th of Oct, 2013

I have successfully financed cars with over 10 different banks and credit unions over 40 years and have never experienced the torment and torture afforded by these unethical, unprofessional, irresponsible human beings. Won't let you pay your payments, no matter how hard you fight to. Won't send title after you pay off the car. Rude, digusting. I can't understand how people who work their aren't ashamed to go to work every day. I always pay my bills on time and have an 820 credit score and these monsters almost ruined it. I am now printing all of these complaints and leaving them in my three clinic waiting rooms for over three thousand patients to read. Let the truth be heard. Love my car, but will never buy at Toyota Dealer again. Bring on the auction.

• Av
      21st of Dec, 2014

I was initially thrilled to be financed through Toyota; my experience at the dealership was wonderful (Toyota of Hollywood). But, my husband and i had a loss of job and consequent financial issues. Southeastern Toyota Finance repossessed my van from my job with three baby seats in the back. They asked if I could make the payment, I said yes, and they took the van anyways, while I was on the phone BEGGING them to take the money. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH THEM. This company is disgustingly sinister. We bought another car through HERTZ CAR SALES. IT WAS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE. From start to finish, Hertz was professional and kind. We are so happy!

• Gl
      19th of Feb, 2016

I wish I had read this before I financed my auto last year! Although I have had no problems up until now...I had an accident last June and finally got my diminished value check, payable to my husband and World Omni because they have a vested interest ... they are supposed to endorse the check and return to me, however, they want to apply the money to the rear of my contract...My insurance company said she had never heard of a company doing such a thing as the money is mine..I told them no and they are supposed to get back to me. we will see what the outcome is.

• Je
      27th of Feb, 2016

Background: When I originally bought my car it was titled in South Carolina. Recently I moved to Georgia.

I paid off my car in December and called Southeast Toyota Finance and they said they would send me my title in around 15 business days. After over a month, I still hadn't received my title, so I called them again. In the second call, they said they sent me my title but would also send me a release of lien letter and that I could take it to the DMV. I did receive the release of lien, but the title never arrived. When I went to the DMV, they told me the title was not on file in Georgia, and that I would need the original title.

I made a third call checking on the title. This time, the customer service agent cut me off while I gave her the history and said something along the lines of, "Oh, sometimes we get the title late. It looks like we just got your title. I'll expedite it to you." I thanked her, and a week later I received a black and white photocopy of the title. I called the DMV to ask if that was sufficient to register my car in Georgia, and they said I needed an original title.

I made another call today to SETF and this time the customer service rep said that they do not have the original title and that it was sent in December. I asked how I could get a proper duplicate title and she said that SETF could not help me - that I would have to get it from South Carolina.

On top of all the time I've already wasted on calls and trips to the DMV, now I have to spend time and money to request a duplicate title from South Carolina. This is such a hassle.

If they had good customer service, they would do two things:

1. Send original titles with a tracking label. I asked the last customer rep if they tracked their mail or if they just used standard USPS mail. She answered that it was just standard USPS. No tracking.

2. Take care of this for me! I've wasted enough time. Sure, it's only $50 for an expedited duplicate title from SC, but that's $50 out of my own pocket because of a failure on the part of SETF.

• Je
      9th of Mar, 2016

I spoke with J. Murray and she is trying to assist me. She also said she's speaking with the Title department supervisor to look into sending titles with tracking. I don't have my title yet, so I'm not happy yet, but I will say that at least they are responsive.

• De
      7th of Apr, 2016

I bought my car in August. I ended up being 3 months late on my car payment, but in the one month the it was late, SETF did NOT take a full payment out of my bank account. i thought that it was okay and was planning on paying the payment at a later date which was indicated. They ended up repossessing it! My car has been hit four times and they are wanting me to pay off the whole thing! they want 18, 464 when my car is only valued at a little over 16, 000. i have spoke with five people, all of whom have been so very, very RUDE. I EVEN HAD ON HANG UP ON ME WHILE I WAS TALKING! i asked the supervisor who made the decision why i just couldn't pay the interest off and the past due because i had evidence of me being in the hospital and being in internship and having to care for my mom and she told me there are plenty others like u but I'm not going to do that. and hung up. i called back to ask for her supervisor and she told me no she was the highest person which was not true and she made a decision in ten mins! she tried to say that they called me, but they did not and have not called me!

I will be contacting the state commissioners or someone above her to see about my car.

• Va
      28th of Jun, 2016

I purchased a car in 2005 with a dealership in my hometown. The car was financed with Southeast Toyota and I paid it off within two years. After it was paid off, Southeast Toyota sent me my title as well as a check for an over payment. Months later I was notified that I owed them a car payment for some reason. How is that possible when I paid the car off within two years and I was sent the title to the car. They have reported me to the credit bureau and I have been disputing with them for several years. They will not delete it from my credit report. This error has affected my credit score. I'm about to hire an attorney and contact the president of the company for this mistake. It is obvious that Southeast Toyota doesn't want to admit to making a mistake.

• Cb
      7th of Feb, 2017

I wish I had read this post before I financed with SETF...what a nightmare. I could copy and paste the original poster's experience into my own...and that was 9 years ago for him/her. So, in 9 years they have not gotten any better. This is 2017 and they are still pulling the same games with people. The dealership was great, SETF will take your payoff money and take their time. I was promised a quick (within 24 hours) release of the lien. Here we are over 1 week later and they have not released the lien (after cashing my bank check). I cannot sell the car until I get the lien released.
    Stay away from SETF. They will not help you. They will delete your online access as soon as you pay the loan off (I paid off early), and when you call the customer service people will not care to help you.

5th of May, 2017

@cbrwood Be goddamn patient. It's your problem, that you need it quickly. I hate people like you.

• De
      29th of Jun, 2017

They are THASHHHHHH...DONT USE THIS BUSTER TO GET YOU A CAR...They are MONEY HUNGRY, they dont give a turd about your situation. You better of getting a car at buy here pay here places. This people have no respect. I will gave ZERO start ALL OVER THE PLACES AND SHARE WITH FRIENDSABOUT THIS PLACE. What they did to us was unnecessary...BEWAREEEE BEWAREEEEE BEWAREEEE