Sony Vaio Laptop / worst laptop and customer service!

United States Review updated:

I HATE SONY!!! I have a Sony Vaio VGN CS215J and it is the worst purchase I ever made. Just after I purchased it the I noticed the fan was loud, but I didn't think it was a problem. After a just a few months it became obnoxious to myself and anyone within 15 feet of me. Now it is almost always kicking on and not only is it loud, but grinding, clicking and everything else. I took it in for service and was told it my was my hard drive. NOT TRUE! After spending hundreds of dollars on repairs and service, and another $75 for Sony to send me a copy of the Operating System discs, having my computer wiped clean - no more windows programs, itunes library, (some stuff was backed up and reloaded successfully), my laptop still SUCKS! I saw online that there was a recall on the fans on a lot of Sony laptops and that they would extend the warranty. I was relieved for a moment, until I contacted Sony only to find out that I would have to pay ANOTHER $129 to ship my computer for further diagnostics. GIVE ME A BREAK! There is a recall for crying out loud. The customer service rep listened to me complain for 10 minutes and replied with, "well I'm sorry, would u like to schedule the repair"? Sony does not care about it's customers or the quality of their products. Be smart, DO NOT BUY A SONY PRODUCT!

Comments

• So
      26th of Mar, 2012

Hello Amanada4322,

This is Kevin Krause with the Sonylistens team. I am sorry to read about all of the problems that you are having with your VAIO. If you email us at [protected]@am.sony.com we will be more than happy to try and help you out. In your email be sure to include a brief description of the issues you are having, any event ID numbers you may have, and your contact information.

Kevin Krause