SONY PSP / warranty

1 Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I purchased a PSP for my son on his birthday in November. Shortly after he started playing it, some "pixelation" occured in the top right hand corner. It spread, and lines appeared, until it could no longer be used. In March, I finally sent it in for repair/replacement. It comes with a one-year warranty. I was told by the service centre that it must have been dropped, sat on, or otherwise misused. I told them that had not happened (because it hadn't).

I was told that the only way a screen could be "cracked, " is if it was misused. She gave me a couple of number to call which I did. I spoke to three people who all said that if the service centre believes it was misused, it was misused, regardless of what I, the customer, say.

So if I want it back repaired, I have to pay $79 to get an out of warranty replacement. I guess I'll do that but I sure don't appreciate being called a liar by the company I'm giving my money to.

Comments

24th of Feb, 2009
    SONY PSP - play Game
    Yuru Group
    China
    yurun.com

Dear Sir/Madam.

I have lost Sony PSP play game in airplane no A1 349 from Shangai to Delhi dated 24/02/2009. Seat no is14H infront of the seat.

PESSENGER NAME: ZHOU TAO.

KINDLY PROTECT MY GOODS

8th of Jul, 2010
    SONY PSP - junk
    sony
    Oklahoma

my parents bought my son a psp for christmas dec 17 2009 and they had to exchange it at factory took 3 weeks then we get it back and had to send to manufacturing company and it has broken again.. wont do anything but have us send it back again so they can send us another piece of junk and wont give him anything for free for his awful time and really not even getting to play it.. been in there place more then his hands to play

• Yo
      7th of Dec, 2010

My husband bought the green metal gear 3000 series in june and bought me the pink Hana Montana 3000 series in november mine stopped playing umd disks after just 3 days. his stopped today. We both had 1000 series for years when they came out never had a problem. We bought the 2000 series when they came out they lasted 1 and 1 1/2 yrs the 3000 didnt even last a few mnths. while most companies get better with the yrs sony seems to be declining it makes no sence. the newer the psp the worse the product we spent over $1000 within the last 6 mnths for nothing such a waste of money and time.

11th of Dec, 2010
    SONY PSP - Chickhen is a bad idea
    Sony
    Singapore

I just bought a psp 3000 chickhen and this chickhen is startin to piss me off you can't upload pictures you can't update and worse of all you must waste space just to put the pictures and eboot thing seriously stop selling chickhen its pissing me off -.-

• Ak
      2nd of Feb, 2011

when i play any game stored on m, a memory card it doesnt play and says i should activate some numbers