Sony Ericsson W710i / Defect piece sold and company not ready for replacement
I had purchased the new W710i phone on 21st Nov 06 at Sony World - Kormangala. 4 months from the date of purchase ( in the month of February 07 ) the outer rubber panel of the phone started coming off. As you know that the walkman and radio operation buttons are on the outer cover of the phone it had become very difficult for me to operate the phone. I took the phone to the Sony world shop and the manager there suggested I talk to yourself regarding the same and I did meet you and showed you the condition of my phone.
It was then that Mr. Shoji spoke to Raju at the service center ( Salora ) and provided me with a phone replacement. But when I questioned as to is there any guarantee if this is not gonna happen the second time Mr.Shoji had promised me stating that this time you please take this and if it happens again then I will assure you that I am OK for you to go for a different model of the phone and that I should bear the extra charges that would be applicable when taking a different model of the phone.
But 4 months post the first replacement of the phone the rubber panel has come off again. I spoke to Raju at the service center and he tell me that the earlier lot of handsets were defective and when the phone replacement was done I was again given a phone from that defective lot itself. So now that they have received a fresh stock of panels which are free from defect they will replace the panel for me.
I am not really happy with the product or the service. I have invested 14400rs in buying a phone that is good in terms of feature and Sony being such a big brand which is free from all flaws. But the response I am getting this time is not really acceptable, can you or your higher authority or Raju give me a written guarantee that this time after getting the panel replacement the same problem will not re-occur. What should I be doing if it reoccurs.
More Sony Ericsson W710i Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony - technical service of turkey; defective product of sony tv kd 55xf8577
- Sony Corporation - sony tv bravia
- Sony Corporation - online aspect
- Sony Corporation - sony 65 xbr
- Sony Corporation - capital one sony credit card offer false advertising