Sony Ericsson Service Center / K750i / Poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I bought a sony ericsson k750i in march 2007.Last week suddenly it got switched off and doesnot boot up. So i took it to the service center at nungambakkam Accel. There the person opened the set and brought a chipset kind of thing and pointed to a small pointed brown spot and told us that we have poured coffee on it. I told him we didn't do any such act and asked him how he came to such conclusion when there is a single spot and if coffee was poured it should have spread. We even pointed to him that that spot seems to be something from the handset. He said there can be no problem from the handset and he has no time to explain us and added we don't know that and all. It has liquid and i don't have time to hear your stuff. If u want your phone to be serviced hand it over or you can take that back. For that we told him we have bought the phone for nearly 10000rupees and please do consider what we are explaining. For that he replied i have even 20k phones for service. He said i will book this only under non warranty. He added that that is the last point of contact and told us to take the phone away and not waste his time. He said he will charge us and also our warranty will end if its booked under non warranty.

Then why the hell do they have authorized service center? I really feel disgraced over his behavior. No respect for the customer also he was interested in booking the phone under non warranty and charge us. The phone is only 3 months old and i am sure of no liquid or coffee pour in that for sure. Even if thats the case he should be able to justify that but he behaved so rudely.

Very unprofessional behavior i didn't expect this from sony they are known for their quality products.

Sa

Comments

29th of Jul, 2007

I am suffering from the same problem. My set is K320i and 3 months 6 days from the date of purchase it was "OFF" and could not be turned "ON". It had several problematic behaviors since one week of purchase and slowly it went down till its 'end' by 3 months 6 days. In my case I have spoken to the dealer, who sold me the set. They internally talked with Servicing Agent and trying to blame it on "Liquid Damage" and charge me for that (telling that is not covered). I am sure, my set never came in contact with liquid. So, when I requested them to justify (and show me) the "Liquid Damage", they told me to take the set back (without servicing).

Now they are insisting me to take back the set and get it repaired from outside in my own responsibility, expenses and risk.

I ask 2 questions:

Without any after-sale-servicing or co-operation why these dealers make fool of customers by selling (I should say, 'pushing' instead of 'selling', as far as my case is concerned) SONY ERICSSON Mobile phone sets ?

Is there any proper justice for the suffering customers ?

IT IS A CUSTOMER'S RIGHT TO GET A REPLACEMENT of this type of defective set from SONY ERICSSON !

Problems with my K320i set in a nutshell:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    #1
    During its charging, the light in the phone set used to be 'ON' and 'OFF' repetitively for an indefinite period of time. After a long time it started taking charge steadily. I noticed this first after one week from the date of purchase, because, that was the first time I put it to charge at night. Afterwards, I have noticed this almost consistently.

#2
    During its charging, the set became heated (back side) very often.

#3
    Sometimes the LCD screen displayed "Insert SIM Card" (although the SIM was inside only). Then I would put the set off, eject and put the SIM fresh again. After a few trials it would work. The same SIM Card works with every other cell phones absolutely OK.

#4
    Initially the charge (after showing "Fully Charged") would exhaust in 3 days. In one month time it came down to 1 day. By June the 'full charge' got exhausted by half a day. I had to put it to charge every night.

#5
    28/06/2007 night I put it on charge and switched it off after 'full charge'. Next morning it could not be switched 'ON'. I tried many times but it could not be switched 'ON'. That was 29/06/2007.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    While using the mobile set I could understand that it was not 'OK' and it was losing it's battery backup very fast. I thought to visit the dealer and show him the status, but I could not arrange time for that in my busy schedule. After it came to a stop (#5) I took it to the dealer on 06/07/2007.

• Ab
      24th of Aug, 2007

Hi Friends,

We are sailing in the same boat. The Mumbai Service Center SALORA PATHETIC PVT. LTD. is also doing the same thing. They always say Liquid Problem. Its not a liquid problem, their phones are so designed that the joystick gets rubbed with the board and the spots occur.

SALORA service centers are cheaters. Advice all people not to go for Sony Ericsson Phones.

Third Class service.

12th of Jan, 2008

ACCEL is the worst SE service center in chennai, they (i went to the one near apollo hospitals) totally ruined my k800i by replacing the perfectly good keypad with some broken ones and totally denying everything..

• Pr
      29th of Feb, 2008

sometimes when i open the camara it shows anotheraplication is running so how can I solve this problem pls

• Un
      4th of Jun, 2008

Totally agree. I end up either shouting or abusing the stupid idiots!
    I went to a service center at Dadar, Mumbai for a loose connector and some dust in the display, and was told to put a fork in the headset plug to make it bigger so that it would fit perfectly and with a awfully scratched display! :-|

• So
      5th of Jun, 2008

I want to know the price of 's500i' this model.

• Al
      10th of Jun, 2009

my mobile charged after 5 hours will low battery i also changed origenal battery but not quire. (k750i) please help me i cont use my mobile. my mail id albert.sfx@gmail.com today date (10.06.09)