Sony Electronics / Warranty not honored as promised!

I now have the 2nd replacement that Sony has sent me that is not "refurbished" by their own definition. I have reported this to Sony and to the Better Business Bureau.

It appears that the PSP has had many complaints and the customer service department has treated others rudely just as they did me. Sony needs to stop making the PSP if you can not produce a product that lives up to its warranty description. Sony is offering a replacement product that is supposed to function as a new product but instead is scamming people into paying them an additional $89.00 for an already overpriced hand held is unacceptable that does not work. Sony is promising, on page 138 of the PSP Instruction Manual in the warranty that they will replace within a year with a new or refurbished PSP. Sony defines "refurbished" as has been restored to it's original specifications. Well, I am sure I was not the only unlucky consumer to be shipped 2 "refurbished" PSP's that were not restored to the original specifications. I am highly angry that Sony will not refund my $89.00 or replace this 2nd "refurbished" PSP with a new one. They requested that I pay to ship this back to them for an additional charge for me. This is crazy. It is insane that I would have to put more money into Sony's worthless product and they are accepting NO responsibility for the lack of offering a product that is not of the standards they describe in their manual and their warranty agreement.

I too have talked with a Supervisor. It took two phone calls to get one that would talk to me. The first one did not feel that I should tie up their time. The second one, simply had the same attitude Sony must promote. They did not care. Sony does not seem to mind if you are not pleased with the product they offer you. They are selling plenty of defective products and since they get the money on the front end, the consumer is just out of luck.

I have $390.00 invested in just this little hand held apparatus not including the games and IT DOES NOT WORK!!! I am interested in a class action lawsuit. If anyone else has been treated unjustly by Sony or feels that Sony has provided this same service to them, let me know.

Va

Comments

• Mr
      28th of May, 2007

I have just had problem with a small crack on edge of screen on psp I am aged over 50 not misused or dropped it psp keep in protective case. A small crack on left screen corner next to on/off switch. Contacted customer services who said that this is not a problem and have not had any complaints or never happened before after continue complaint said they would check it and picked it up. Two days later a call from a Manger in repairs said that this was not fault covered by Warranty PSP only 5 months old after a heated discussion getting no ware he said that i could have a reckon/unit for £65 plus return delivery i said that this would be second hand machine that it could be a lot older, he then went into this is not second hand the description of secondhand legally is..., as the warranty was no long their on my psp because of the crack, second option i could have my psp repaired for £80 plus return postage but it would take at least 8 weeks. This is just my first look at internet and found this i am now going to start down complaints lane don't hold a lot of hope after the line taken by repairs manager he put my blood pressure up and came off phone with head ache warrant not worth paper it written on.

Excuse any misspelling and grammar,
    Mr I Tyson.