Sony BRAVIA LCD TV / model kdl 40bx 421

Virginia Beach, VA, US Review updated:

I purchased a Sony Bravia 40 inch lcd 1080p model KDL 40bx 421 in November of 2011. It began having problems in mid 2012 with flickering then the picture going dim. I had it serviced in August of 2012 at which time a circuit board was replaced. This resolved the issue. It is now October 2012 and the tv has the same issue plus it now turns on and off by itself. I am very frustrated and dissappointed with the reliability of this product especially now that my warranty will expire next month. If this issue is not repaired and resolved correctly this time, i will be stuck with a $550 .00 Dollar Conversation piece and nothing more. I hope Sony will stand by its commitment to excellence and Take care of this issue if it is in fact a defect in parts and needs to be investigated and possibly recalled. I've always loved Sony products but this issue is giving me pause.

Comments

•   Oct 31, 2012

Hi pistolpete620,

I’m Pat Kennedy with the Sony Support USA Team.

Some helpful information, including How To & Troubleshooting, Drivers & Software, Manuals, Specs & Warranty, Videos & Tutorials, News & Alerts, even Services & Repair, where you can setup a repair (if required), may be found at Sony's eSupport website @ http://esupport.sony.com/.

If you are unsuccessful in locating a solution there, please call our priority service # @ [protected] Hours:

■Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
    ■Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET

Thanks,

Pat Kennedy

• Pi
      Oct 31, 2012

I still think there are defective refurbished parts in the sony supply chain that warrants an investigation. I hope it gets looked into because the backlight feature is the problem on the circuit boards.