Smith's / Smith's Food and Drug / manager conduct

1 Columbia Falls, ME, United States Review updated:

My husband went to smiths in Columbia fall Mt. The manager was snowblowing the sidewalk. My husband parked the car, the manager told him to move because he was blocking the area to bring in carts. My husband moved the car. He went up to the manager, that was still snowblowing, so he had to raise his voice to be heard that maybe he(the manager), should put the ashtrays in the space to let people know not to park there. My husband started to walk inside and the manager grab him and said he is refusing service to my husband. My husband told the manager that grabbing him was considered assault but the manager told him that(he the manager) could grab him because he used the f word in front of the store. As a store manager I think he was out of line for grabbing and refusing My husband to go in the store.I was a manager and if I would have done this I would have been fired. I think you should have a talk to the manager regarding this matter and retrain him on customer service. We don't have to do business with your store. I will be taking my prescriptions and business elsewhere. This manager is setting you up to a lawsuit by grabbing people. I thought you should know. Just because he is a manager don't mean he should be able to do what he wants.

Ro
Dec 29, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      30th of Dec, 2017

Hi Robin.

Does this mean your husband is permanently banned from Smith's or just for that one day? Are you still allowed to shop at other Smith's stores?