Smilebox.com / They absolutely would not cancel my membership until after a year and would not refund the membership

My granddaughter asked if she could purchase an e-card for her mother for only $3.99. I allowed her to do this. The card was posted and we received an email that confirmed it was posted. I saw the email, but knew it was a confirmation, so did not open right away. About two weeks later my credit card was charged $40 for an annual membership. I watched my granddaughter purchase the card, so knew we did not agree to that. What I did not know, was there was a statement at the bottom of the confirmation email telling me that I now had a trial membership and if I did not respond within two weeks they would charge my card. They absolutely would not cancel my membership until after a year and would not refund the membership. I would never recommend this website.

• jello1031's Response, Jun 22, 2017

need refund $47.88 was take out of my account would like a refund i didnt by any thing from your conpany please call me at 4845424879

Gr

Comments

19th of Jun, 2013

Smilebox Complaint: I tried to subscribe to a free offer of Smilebox after viewing a friend's slideshow but at the end of the registration I noticed a fee mentioned and I was no longer interested. I did not give my credit card number and I clicked on the box for "No Thanks." and thought that was the end of it. Instead I found Smilebox installed in my computer so I went to my programs and clicked uninstall. It did not work. Instead my computer went haywire and I could not get my MSN Home Page and could not get my emails. I finally gave up after several hours and called Microsoft who sent me to Hewlett Packard who sent me to HP Friend Services who charge $99.99. I asked them if they would charge if they could not fix the problem and was told there would be no charge. I spent about 4 hours on the computer with them until about 9 p.m missing dinner. They finally got my Home page up with "Safe Zone" in all four corners and said it was fixed. After I had dinner I tried to get on the Internet and my Home Page did not show up, and I could not get into my emails. I was back exactly as I had been when I accepted HP for help. They had my credit card number but I thought they would not charge me. So I stayed on the computer that same evening and got GuruAid and they fixed the problem in half the time for $169 plus two extra years of service for additional charge. I now had my computer working again. I called my bank the next day to see if HP Friend Services charged my account and was told it was pending for $99.99.(it is posted today). I called HP and was told it was not their policy to refund and that I was given the wrong information. How about that? I am a senior up in years and like my computer but I am about to give it up and just use it for word processing rather than the internet. I can get all the news in the newspaper and TV and use the U.S. mail service. Fraud and scams are rampant on the internet. .

25th of Nov, 2014

Today I checked my credit card account and found a charge from Smilebox, . Unlike the above person, I NEVER have used Smilebox, and have NO idea where they got my credit card number from...It is IMPOSSIBLE to reach a live body there I have sent an email but expect it to be ignored or as mentioned above they are just going to say "SORRY"...
    I am going to dispute it on my credit card IMMEDIATELY...

• Tr
      6th of Aug, 2017

I have just received am email from Smile Box to say that my subscription, that I have had for 7 years, is due to expire. I reviewed all of my statements and I have found that I have been paying $39.95 for 7 years! I think I may have used this to create an e-card all those years ago, but have never used it again.
    I have attempted to cancel my membership, but the Cancel page of the website, only takes me to the Change Password screen.
    What rip offs . What a crock.

• Fa
      13th of Aug, 2018

Having had a problem, of being wrongly charged during the 7 day free download period, which fortunately was sorted by Paypal xx. Thank goodness for PAYPAL!

I thought that I must have made some mistake with the7 day free trial!!

I was just going to try Smilebox again (with care ) after reading all these previous comments I don't think it wise.

Such a pity because it looks agreat site if only it could be trusted!
    Barbie Carson

• Fa
      13th of Aug, 2018

daren't join now.

• Li
      28th of Aug, 2018

I also have been experiencing the same issues. I cancelled this membership in January and now here in August I got another charge . They now owe me a total of ($55.92). May be there is a way we can all come together for a lawsuit and put this crooked company out of business.
    A. Gomez

• Ey
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Smilebox - unauthorized credit card charges !!!!!!!!

i was charged between aug or sept 2018
    my email
    eynav.r@gmail.com
    ...
    i would like a full refund for the amount that was taken from my credit card
    last 4 digits **** **** **** 2519

i only once used the website to create a photo album !

• Je
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Smilebox - refund
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvaniabe

i had $47.88 take out of my account from you company . Didn't order anything so could i please get a refund. my name is crystal Heckman email is hckmncrystl@yahoo.com phone number is 4845424879

25th of Nov, 2018

SMILEBOX - IS A SCAM to get you to use your credit card for temporary use of their terrible product, then you are not able to delete the account or your credit card information afterwards. I was just charged $99 for this scam of a product after sending several emails to delete the account. I am reporting this as a fraud to my bank.