Smart Style / negligent stylist causes major hair loss

1 Lebanon, VA, United States

I took my 12 year old into Smart Style salon in Lebanon, VA to have the top layer of her hair lightened . The stylist "Anita" applyed bleach to sections of the hair that was not supposed to be lightened. She put black streaks in my childs hair we did not ask for. Then, She left the bleach and dye on my child's head for over 4 hours, resulting in major hair loss and damage. When Anita tried to dry the over-bleached, over-processed, fried white and black hair, it started falling out. She then decided to try to color over the fried white hair to make it look better. She claimed she would use black dye but instead used bright red. My child left the salon 6 1/2 hours after Anita started the process( at 11:18 pm ) with a shower cap full of conditioner on her head because her hair could not be dried or combed without falling out. This negligent stylist then had the nerve to charge me $125, wich her manager later refunded. My daughter had to have nearly all of her hair cut off and the remaining hair is extremely damaged, even after many deep conditioning treatments. Smart Style has not fired this negleigent stylist. If you like having hair stay away from this salon. We learned this lesson the hard way!!!

Smart Style