Sky Sports / calvin tatum speedway

1 Coventry, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:

would like to complain about the coverage of the speedway meeting between Coventry and Lakeside especially Calvin Tatum. We have been speedway fans since the age of 12 we are now 45. We watched and supported Calvin through all his Coventry years and it made me sick to listen to his comments regarding the track . I have seen him ride that track in worse conditions than it was tonight 27.7 2009 . I must say some of his comments regarding the Coventry team were not called for. He as a commentator of the sport should surley remain biast if the man supports Lakeside then maybe he should keep it to himself when doing his job its unfair on the other team racing them, and that includes all other teams in the Elite league to.Lakeside have had more than there fair share of coverage on sky sports this year which i feel does not cover enough of the other teams, So Calvin when the Lakeside are winning maybe you should listen back to your own voice and see how it changes with excitment not very professional . Dean Ismay. Coventry fan and proud

Comments

Pa
  27th of Jul, 2009

I have never been so enraged by shoddy commentating on sky sports as i have been tonight and i'm a big speedway fan and football fan

But even my dislike for Andy Gray's commentating had to take the back seat for this one.

But it wasn't just Kelvin because the way i watched it Nigel pearson begun it all and Kelvin tatum followed suit.

I encourage anyone not to watch the sky sports coverage of this meeting because i went up Friday 24th July 2009 and the track was in a similar state and both teams made a match of it (Coventry v Poole by the DVD if you dont believe me).

This meeting was clearly once again like at poole, lakeside didnt bring anything to the table and sky commentators blame the track conditions when it's same for both set of riders.

At one point the lakeside team manager claimed his riders will be altered if they ride like that again but yet Nigel Pearson complained about the track and Klevin followed suit.

Do something about there commentating or you will find the image of speedway on sky as very much of "sky sports commentating is rubbish and one-sided towards the nearest london based club" because this is no coinsidence of it being lakeside again.

Id
  24th of Oct, 2012

Sky Sports Should have extended highlights of all the games in the Champions League & not just the Goals. Also when Sky Sports Shows coverage of the cup ties they should not tell you the score of any other game by goal alert because it spoils the highlights programmes when I watch them as I already know the results beforehand.