Singtel / internet

I am suffering from stress n nightmare after signing up the fibre bundle in the west mall roadshow . He gives me false info that I can sign up a second digital line from Helloshop after my installation of my fibre on 19th nob 2015. Until today 19th Jan 2016 .. Both my fibre n digital line not working n they have deducted from my account through giro n on top of this I have to pay M1 $250 for keeping the line active for singnet to port over. But until now 2016 after all the festive seasons the line n internet cannot work ..they still not allowing me to cancel my contract . I am screaming my head off . I have no recourse against this giant telco .. They abuse their customers. My suffering has not ended .. Please help me !!!

Ch
Jan 18, 2016

Comments

• Pe
      25th of Feb, 2016

My father in law, 81 years old, stays on his own, was talked into signing up a Mio package by a singtel salesperson on the phone. What he told me when he came to visit was a singtel personel went to his house to install a box which will provide him with free phone calls. I was puzzled because l thought that was really hard to believe. I asked him why he got free calls, he replied the serviceman who set up the box told him perhaps because he's a senior citizen, that's why. I thought, how kind Singtel was, part of SG50 deal? Days later he called to ask my husband to go adjust his tv volume because the sound was too soft after they set up the box. Later that day, my husband went down to my father in law's place to take a look and he called to tell me that his father has got a Mio tv box installed!! Why would an old folk who doesn't even know how to switch channels want a Mio tv box for ! We wanted to teach him to switch between channel 8 and U channel to watch different Chinese programmes, he said too stressful to handle. He doesn't even know how to adjust the volume and completely didn't want to use the remote control. My point is why would he want the Mio programmes. After my husband called singtel helpline to clarify, he was told that the only freebie my father in law got is the Mio box, and that he still has to pay $8+ per month for the subscription of some channels, seems that it's 50% off the normal rate. My father in law was shocked, he said he refused to pay and told my husband to disconnect the Mio box. Thereafter l called up singtel to enquire if the contract can be terminated since the old man doesn't even know what he signed up for, the reply was No! Reason being phone records show that my father in law has agreed to all the terms and conditions...well now the Mio box has been sitting in his house, not in use and he's expected to pay $8/month for the next 6 months until the contract runs out. So this is how Singtel sales team sells their product ...