Simmons Beautyrest Mattress / Poor quality product/warranty

I had purchased a mattress set from Value City Furniture for $1700.00 with a stain guard protection. In less than one year, the mattress developed a sinkhole in the center (my husband and I are average weight, 150 and 190 pounds); I returned the mattress and got a replacement of the exact same kind of mattress. In less than a year, this mattress did the same thing. I did not report it as quickly because it was hard to get someone to return the mattress; when I tried to get it replaced Value City Furniture refused to replace it because the mattress had a "stain" on it, which had absolutely nothing to do with the performance of the mattress. They voided the warranty even though I paid extra for the stain guard. I turned them in to the Better Business Bureau but it did not help. I will show anyone the pictures of the mattress if they want to see them; I do not want anyone to get duped like I did.

St

Comments

15th of Jun, 2010

Yuo should check to see if the mattress cover had a stainguard guarantee. The waterproof covers normally are sold as insurance for the mattress. if you got a stain on the mattress, try calling the mattress cover company. We sell waterproof pads @ our establishment, and if a stain penetrates the cover and stains the mattress, they'll try to get the stain out... and if it doesnt come out, they'll give you a replacement for a new one.