Shoprite / ripped off

I was buying some grocery's at the Shoprite of Northvale. My total for my grocery's was $28.18. I gave the cashier $40 but the cashier said I only gave him $30. Shoprite cashiers want a lot of money so be careful of what they do!

D  7th of Jul, 2008 by
Im a cashier at the shop rite of northvale. You people accuse us of all these stupid things. but if you werent so stupid.. you would realize. that our tills get counted every night.. for something like 10 dollars. we can be fired. so stop talking crap and get over it. your wrong.
D  27th of Aug, 2008 by
I'm also a former Shoprite cashier. Don't be so quick to judge: Our policy on cash control is that if our drawer is over by $5, we get placed on registers closer to our managers, and if this continues, we get fired. I'm now working for a different company, and believe me when I say that Shoprite is not the store that's trying to rip you off...
D  2nd of Sep, 2008 by
I went to Shop Rite in Old Bridge on Rt 9 North by the Ferry Roud. I wanted to get some cheese and ham for my family breakfast. I was very surprised when instead of thank you I got harassed by one of the workers for making they work hard for my order! Worker talked about me with her co-workers in front of my face with her back turned to me. I got my order with an attitude that has been almost throwing into my face. In addition I got comments about my hair and my clothes. After feeling awful I spoke to the manager and I got the same attitude! WOW! So when I got home soaking in up and opened my shopping I opened the packet and it smelling bad. I felt harassed, unfair, humiliated for shopping and choosing to spend my money at the SHOP RITE! I got back, and asked them to try what they sell. They pretended along with the manager whose name is CHRIS that they don't know what I am talking about. All I said that if I ended up in the hospital after eating this they can be sure I will sued them all! NEVER AGAIN I GO TO THIS STORE!
By the way I know they didn’t take me serious. But I take my family serous. That is why I will not leave it alone and will write to whose above them.
A  22nd of Sep, 2008 by
TRUE TRUE TRUE - Shoprite is the nastiest store around. Especially Saker Shoprites which are run by an ugly pimple faced loser named Richard Saker. He is horrible and nasty to his employees and it translates back to the customers - STAY AWAY from the Lakewood, Freehold and Neptune ShopRites.
N  9th of Jul, 2009 by
i worked at shop rite i counted the cashiers trays in the morning and it is true what jackie said. if a cashier is off by 5 or more we report it to our manager who then puts the cashier on cash control. the cashiers are not going to rip you off for 5 dollars. if they are going to get fired its gunna be for more than 5 dollars. ps ann get a life. you posted the same thing 3 times on this board already. did you get sick off the ham and cheese apparently not because you're still here to write about it. maybe they were laughing at you because there was nothing wrong with the ham and cheese. and why did you buy it if you thought it smelled funny? take responsibility for your own actions. have a nice day and please continue shopping at your local shop rite.
N  9th of Jul, 2009 by
GAH customers are braindead. While your story is interesting (i.e. fictional), you failed to mention what happened next - did you walk out, leaving your groceries behind, or did you give the casher "another" $10? Who in their right mind would just idly stand by and dole out another $10 if this is story is to be believed. Get real.
N  9th of Jul, 2009 by
exactly. why didn't you ask the head cashier to bring the tray to the cash room and have it audited? If the tray was over 10 they would have given it back to you. this is just another example of taking responsibility for your own actions.
N  15th of May, 2015 by
Found hair in pot o gold mushrooms. Disgusting. Have the proof.

Shoprite Holdings Logo Shoprite Holdings