ShoppersDiscount.co.uk / deductions from my credit card

1 United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 08082341539

I booked flights with ebookers and paid by credit card, however since then i have been scammed by a company called shoppersdiscount.co.uk. They have deducted two payments of £10 each from my credit card. I did not authorise this and it is proving very difficult to cancel this monthly deductions. I am furious so beware everyone! I am very very careful when giving my details online but somehow someway this has happened to me so it can happen to anyone. The telephone number i have supplied for this company was given to me by my credit card company. I have used this number to cancel and i can only hope it works.

Comments

• St
      8th of Mar, 2009

A lot of people have been caught out by this scam. See this website discussion for more details and advice:

• Al
      17th of Mar, 2009

I bought a ticket from NATIONAL EXPRESS and got mugged by SHOPPERSDISCOUNT.CO.UK. They tell you, you are entitled to a £15 voucher and mug your credit card withoput warnig or notice. I have made a formal complaint to N-Express and await their reply. BE VIGILANT, THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH IN THIS SOCIETY.
    alex from brixton

• Ba
      4th of May, 2009

I to booked a flight with e-booker and now shoppers discount are taking £10 each month how can they do this.
    B.E.A.

10th of May, 2009

Yes, I booked flights with Ebookers on 23rd Feb 09 and used my credit card. I have recently noticed two deductions of £10 (one on 25th March 09 and one on the 25th April 09.

I contacted my credit card company to query the charge and they instructed me to contact Shoppersdiscounts. I did, but couldn't get any joy. I will need to contact my credit card company ASAP. I know I didn't give my PIN number to this so called Shoppersdiscount - I only completed the transaction with Ebookers - then I was offered a £15 voucher to use against any future flights I may care to book. The rest is history. I will never use Ebookers again!!!

Margie

• Sk
      26th of Jun, 2009

I have bought nothing yet and they have taken 2 payments of £10.00 how do i get hold of this crap company as my credit card company cannot cancel this direct debit which i did not set up
    steve

4th of Nov, 2009

We booked a hotel through Ebookers in May and now realise that a totally unauthorised withdrawal of £10 each month had been made from our credit card to 'Shoppersdiscounts.co.uk' since then. We shall not be booking any venture through Ebookers in the future and advise others to do the same.