Shoppers Advantage / Kept taking $ after canceling
I was offered $40 in gas money just like many others I've read about so I thought it would be great and all until I found out (like others) that I'd have to send in a rebate form for $10 each quarter of the year. I decided it was too much of a pain in the butt and didn't want to deal with forgetting to cancel the account before the 'free period'. So I called in and was 'forced' to go through all their counter offers to keep me as a customer. (their site has sucky deals by the way). After 'kindly' refusing all the offers their customer rep tried to shove down my throat I finally canceled and got a god nights sleep... After 9 months I happen to be going through one of my credit card bills trying to figure out why my balance wasn't going down as much as it should of, I saw an $8 charge from shoppers advantage every month for all nine months AFTER I had canceled the membership. So I call them up and give their nice philipino girl a piece of my mind (politely) and she goes on to offer me no less then 5 more reasons why I should stay a member after all I had been through because they offer such a 'valuable service'. After saying no again and again and again she all of a sudden goes, "I will be canceling your account and refunding you for the 9 months. A total of $72" and tells me to have a nice day. I realized how much they were full of poo but relieved that I got my money back so seemingly easy.
Stay away from Shoppers Advantage!
More Shoppers Advantage Complaints & Reviews
- Shoppers Advantage - Scam 
- Tlg Shoppers Advantage - Two cancelations and still getting charged 
- Tlg Shoppers Advantage - Illegal Debit Charge 
- Shoppers Advantage - Free gas coupons 
- Shoppers Advantage - charges for service after I cancelled agreement 
- ShoppersAdvantage - scam membership
- ShoppersAdvantage - Cancel membership to both
- Tlg Shoppers Advantage - Membership 
- Shoppers Advantage - Membership Rebate Coupons
- Shoppersadvantage.com - website