Shoppers Advantage / Kept taking $ after canceling

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I was offered $40 in gas money just like many others I've read about so I thought it would be great and all until I found out (like others) that I'd have to send in a rebate form for $10 each quarter of the year. I decided it was too much of a pain in the butt and didn't want to deal with forgetting to cancel the account before the 'free period'. So I called in and was 'forced' to go through all their counter offers to keep me as a customer. (their site has sucky deals by the way). After 'kindly' refusing all the offers their customer rep tried to shove down my throat I finally canceled and got a god nights sleep... After 9 months I happen to be going through one of my credit card bills trying to figure out why my balance wasn't going down as much as it should of, I saw an $8 charge from shoppers advantage every month for all nine months AFTER I had canceled the membership. So I call them up and give their nice philipino girl a piece of my mind (politely) and she goes on to offer me no less then 5 more reasons why I should stay a member after all I had been through because they offer such a 'valuable service'. After saying no again and again and again she all of a sudden goes, "I will be canceling your account and refunding you for the 9 months. A total of $72" and tells me to have a nice day. I realized how much they were full of poo but relieved that I got my money back so seemingly easy.

Stay away from Shoppers Advantage!

Al

Comments

• Te
      14th of May, 2009

I want to see where I authorized a $14.99 charge to my debit card.

• Je
      18th of Jun, 2009

Does anyone have an address for this place? I want to send all the 'checks' they have sent to me- back to them with a Kiss My ### stamped across each one------------------

• Ki
      16th of Apr, 2010
    Tlg*shoppers Advantage - fraudently took money out of my bank account

TLG*shoppers has somehow billed my bank card (debit-credit) for 14.99 twice. about 28 days apart. i don't know what this site is. and i don't know who to contact. i tried looking up this web site and all i find out is people complaining about being ripped off. i think i will just contact my bank in their internet fraud departm ent. can anyone suggest anything else for me?

25th of Apr, 2011

I had the same experience as others. I signed up for an offer giving me a discount on a hotel if I signed up for Shoppers Advantage for their 30 day trial. At 28 days I called and canceled the membership. Several months later I noticed each month there was a charge on my credit card for Shoppers Advantage. I called the company and instead of receiving an apology I was given a half dozen reasons why I should continue my membership. I challenged the charges on my credit card and was told without proof of cancelation or a cancelation number there was little they could do. Several months later and $79 my "free" membership gave me a $20 discount on the hotel. I've learned not to sign up for things such as this and if you choose to, get written proof of cancelation including a cancelation number or you will continue to be charged without any recourse.

• Wi
      13th of Apr, 2013
    Tlg Shoppers Advantage - unathorized monthly charge
    dollar rental
    Ontario
    Canada

After renting a car over the phone from dollar car rental they put me over to travel advantage . They said for $1.00 they would send me gas coupons. They did but I never used them and threw out their package. That was in january 2013. Nothing in February, then in March $16.99 charge on my credit card from tlg shoppers and $16.99 charge from tlg travel advantage. These companies should be charged with FRAUD!