Shopperdisc.co.ukUnauthorised debit on my credit card

I recently stopped using my credit card for numerous transactions and have noticed a £10 monthly debit appears from your company. I contacted my credit card company and this debit dates back to June 2011. At no time did I ever transcribe to your service and have never authorised this payment for my credit card. I never noticed for several years as I have many small transactions for online shopping. I only noticed now that I rarely use the card.
This has clearly been an underhand tactic by your company, which has obtained my credit card details from a 3rd party. I have researched this online and see numerous other people have been similarly duped.
I have never used or subscribed to anything relating to your company.
I would like to claim back the full amount you have taken from my credit card. My credit card company are arranging repayment of the last 3 months and have blocked any future payments. I would like to claim the remainder of payments made since June 2011.
Frankly, y I am shocked that this happened as you should not obtain my payment details form anyone other than myself. The verification by VISA card protects me from online fraud, so I cannot understand how you have successfully used my card details. Probably such a small amount monthly does not require authorisation.
Please contact me to arrange re-payment as soon as possible.

David Anderson
[protected]@hotmail.com

An
May 07, 2017

Comments

• Co
      May 10, 2017

Hello David:

We will be happy to assist you but we first need to identify your membership record which we currently have not been able to do. Please get in touch with Shopper Discounts & Rewards directly using the following details: [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk, [protected], or you can contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk.

Shopper Discounts and Rewards is a savings programme for people who shop online regularly. The membership benefits include 10% cashback at over 650 online retailers, 20% off popular gift cards and a monthly cashback reward.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Shopper Discounts & Rewards sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full.

We hope you contact us directly so that we can resolve your query to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,