Shop NBC / Shady credit card collections!

United States Review updated:
4.3
We purchased a flat screen TV from shopnbc, setting up a "flexpay/creditcard" account with them. the limit on the card covered one payment per month. TV was delivered. from day one had trouble with the sound and constant rebooting of digital cable. We immediately contacted shopnbc about the possible defect with the TV. at this point, they were helpful. we also told the "customer service" person that we may send the TV back if not satisfied. they gave us authorization to have a local toshiba tech t0 make a house call.

In the meantime, we received a notice from shopnbc that our new "credit card" from shopnbc was DENIED because we never called to activate it. we stated we would not make a single payment until the TV actually worked. The problem was with our AT&T digital cable, got the TV problem all straightened out, and were, and still are, happy with the television.

BUT... while all this was going on, we started our battle with shopnbc to pay for the TV. several different reps called at several different times demanding several different amounts of payments due "immediately". trying to figure out what was going on with the flexpay, and getting them to actually send a statement showing the status of the account was a huge exercise in frustration and futility.

All this took place within a 2 WEEK PERIOD. then the numerous rude harassing phone calls began from a mystery collections agency, CPC, began. Shopnbc sold our "delinquent" account after only 2 weeks!!! During these 2 weeks, we tried several times to arrange payments like we agreed to at the time of sale. This CPC i called Mysterious" because they refuse to send a statement/invoice, have no address, and only will communicate by phone and fax. any out there think this is NOT shady? We are still dealing with this... shopnbc dead ends us every time we call, and refuse to give us any information about this CPC, this so-called "collections agency" that has all the earmarks of a scam from overseas.

Hell will freeze over before i by so much as an apple from shopnbc, and i tell everyone i know about it.

Comments

Me
  17th of Dec, 2010
I ordered a Pamela McCoy jacket for a Christmas present...I RECIEVED THE WRONG ITEM WITH THE CORRECT ITEM NUMBER. THE COMPANY MESSED UP BIG TIME IN MY OPINION. I called customer service and they asked me if I wanted to place another order for the same item...I COULDNT BELIEVE IT!!! PISS POOR SERVICE- when i send the item back I will not get the jacket until after CHRISTMAS. PISS POOR SERVICE!!!

NBCUniversal Logo NBCUniversal