Shell / price gouging/overcharging

Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

Date of Incident: 02JAN2017
Location: Vineland Shell ([protected]) 8788 Vineland Rd, Orlando FL 32821

This gas station is overcharging consumers/tourist for gas prices of $4.99-$6.99 per gallons. I pumped the gas and did not realized until I noticed that 7 gallons cost me at $50.02. The average prices for Florida is currently at $2.33-$2.89. I did not see any inspection sticker at the pump, so I am also submitting this complain to Dept of Agriculture/Consumer Services, BBB Orlando FL and Dept of Tourism. I am also in the process of contacting the Orlando local newspapers and TV news so that this abuse of overpriced Shell gas will be disseminated to all consumers as well as tourists.

• Updated by Thur, Jan 05, 2017

I have photos taken and gas receipts

Th
Jan 05, 2017

Comments

•   Jan 05, 2017

You do not understand what price gouging is. Here is the legal definition:

What is price gouging?
    Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities at a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. This rapid increase in prices occurs after a demand or supply shock: examples include price increases after hurricanes or other natural disasters.

You failed to read the POSTED price stickers. NO gas station is required by law to have the same price of anything, EXCEPT when a price cap has been placed by the government, which is usually after a natural disaster.

• Ce
      Jul 05, 2017

got OVERCHARGED too 6.99 a gallon.anyone know who to complain to that will get results?
    this particular shell staion clearly has no regard for consumers but jusat ripping people OFF!

Jul 08, 2017

Nice to see that the Price Gouger 'Wine Is Good' attempted to respond. This particular Shell Station should be shutdown. I myself pulled into this ripoff of a gas station, to luckily see the price on the pump before I proceeded to pump any gas. What a joke! Explains why no one was pumping gas. As I was pulling out (as fast as i could) I made sure to roll up to another potential sucker that pulled in to explain to them they were about to get ripped off and not to pump any gas.

•   Jul 10, 2017

@JohnnyYing Since I don't own this place I am not your 'price gouger'. You fail to understand what price gouging is to begin with. You are an idiot.