Sharp / Poor Customer Service

United States, Georgia, Columbus Review updated:
Do not buy Sharp! We bought a 70 inch LC-70LE650U Aquos tv on July 1, 2014. The tv went out June 13, 2015 and I immediately filed a report and got a case number, 8408675. I was told I would need to wait until a refurbished tv arrived at the warehouse. On July 2, they showed up with a damaged tv. I refused delivery. I received another case number 8425475. I asked for a new tv of equal or greater value that was in stock so I wouldn't have to wait so long but was told "they don't do that". They finally sent another tv to a delivery company (Best Way Services out of Flowood, MS) that is terrible. It's been almost 40 days and I'm still waiting. Ridiculous to have such terrible service for a tv we paid over $2400 for AND was under warranty. I received excellent customer service on a Samsung that wasn't under warranty so I know that other electronic companies can offer a replacement tv of equal or greater value. I think Sharp should provide a better tv (at least the most up to date model), but at this point would be satisfied with an apology and the fact that maybe this complaint will save someone else from having to deal with this hassle.
Jul 20, 2015

A  8th of Aug, 2015 by
I agree Sharp customer service or Sharp policy is ridiculous! We bought a cash register and its display light was off during operation. We called their tech for help. We were told that we need to pay $22 in order to get a tip on how to turn it back on. Later we just figure it out: just need to replace the batteries. For such a easy tip that is not indicated in their manual! But, sharp keep such secret, and they can charge customer if they need help. Don't buy Sharp anymore!

Sharp Logo Sharp