ServiceMagic, Inc. / Fraudulent business practices of ServiceMagic, Inc.
I had been contacted by ServiceMagic Inc in my business. They say they will give leads to work for $10.00 per lead. What they did was give leads that were dead ends. One lead was to build a garage. I am a garage door installer, not a garage or any other type of builder. The other leads never even had any answer on the phone.
I wrote and complained about the leads and the billing for these. They continued to bill me, so I wrote and told them why I should not be billed. Now, I got a letter today form CMI, a collection agency for them. They want $52.50 to take off a negative report. The report was wrongfully made to begin with. I suppose many would just pay the $52.50 so that they do not have a negative report. That is what they are counting on. Figure, if you get every customer for $52.50 and do nothing in return for it, you can make a decent living by ripping off other businesses. I would appreciate any ideas on what else can be done regarding this business. I am making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs. Please, if you have a negative experience with them, report them so that they can be stopped! Thank you.
More ServiceMagic, Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Service Magic - Fraudulent charges! 
- ServiceMagic.Com - Scam and deceptive advertising! 
- ServiceMagic.Com - Awful experience 
- Home Advisor - Service magic scam 
- Service Magic - Fraud and scam 
- HomeAdvisor - charges, billing
- HomeAdvisor - pro business services
- HomeAdvisor - bait and switch - fraud
- HomeAdvisor - unauthorized credit card charges and too many false charges.
- HomeAdvisor - home advisor scam misleading sales force - no refunds after 72 hours