ServiceMagic / Billing/Collections

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I know first hand that ServiceMagic is a scam and if all the businesses got together they overcharged for bad leads there could be a class action lawsuit. ServiceMagic currently show 483 complaints filed against them with the BBB and the majority is for billing/collections issues. They never gave me credit for all the wrong leads they sent us, which was 99% of all the leads they sent us, so we disputed the charges with our credit card company. ServiceMagic never responded to their request to show proof the charges were legitimate so they credited our account. Now they have sent us to collection almost a year later 3 times. Incredible, that a company that does business this way is allowed to do so. I'm calling every tv station in our area that has an investigation team and beg for them to look into this. Does anyone smell SCAM spelled ServiceMagic?

Comments

• Sm
      10th of May, 2012

Hello "Unhappy" -

I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your account. We do take our complaints very seriously and make every effort to fully take care of our customers. I would like to speak to you directly about your concerns and experience to see if there is anything we can do to help. You may contact me directly at 303.963.8066 or mblack@servicemagic.com.

Thank you for your time.

Mandy Black

• Un
      26th of Jun, 2012

Service Magic is a huge scam. I am trying to find out the best way to shut them down and get some justice for all the other contractors they have ripped off as well. A class action lawsuit is the way to go but don't know who to contact or get things started. They over charged my account by $80.00 June 2012 and I called them out on it. I asked them to put the money back into my account as they admitted it was their mistake and they said they couldn't do that. They offered me $80 of leads which most are bogus to begin with. They are quick to take your $ out but can't put it back in? Really? They have gone over my agreed monthly amount 2 out of the last 3 months and I am now going further back in my bank records. This is theft and fraud and I am sick of this. Any info. on what steps to take against them would be appreciated

• Sm
      27th of Jun, 2012

Hi "unhappyinTallmedgeOhion" -

I am sorry to hear that you had some concerns with your billing and the leads. I would like to discuss your account and see if there is anything we can help with. Can you send me an email with your contact information? My direct email is mblack@servicemagic.com or you can reach me by phone at 303-963-8066.

Mandy Black