Serta Perfect Sleeper / Serta Mattress Co. does not care about their customers!

I purchased a Serta Perfect sleeper the mattress after two months it is sagging on both sides. I wake up every morning with all my muscles screaming in pain from trying not to roll out of bed every night. My husband fell off the edge of the bed the other night. I have called American Mattress in Avon In and their toll free number to no avail. I have called Serta all I get is a recording. I have emailed Serta no response. One thing I want everyone to know is that Serta Mattress Co. does not care about their customer’s have a good night sleep no wonder the gave away little Serta sheep so you have something to count when you can’t sleep.

Comments

• Ha
      7th of Sep, 2007

We are having tremendous problems with our recent Serta mattress purchase. The springs make a terrible grinding noise when getting on and off the mattress on all sides, but primarily on one side which leads me to believe the product is defective.

My wife and I roll into each other toward the center, and the edges of the mattress are so soft and unsupported that we nearly roll out of bed. I am afraid of waking up on the floor sooner or later.

We are planning on exchanging it for another of the same model as we don't want to spend any more. If the next one does the same, we will chalk it up to it just being a substandard model.

The retail price for the mattress is $279/Queen. Not a bad price (the next model down was $179). But still, coil noises squeaking with regular use is the sign it being time to replace your mattress, not a sign of a new mattresses general attributes.

We are frustrated.

• Ed
      29th of Oct, 2007

I have a mid range SERTA "Dandilion" full set. Am on my second mattress in less than two months. First had a "strong" noise at end of bed. Second one has many metallic creaking and clicking noises. Have emailed SERTA with no response. The bed in the showroom is perfect with regard to noise. Am wondering if they have one model on display and sell another one, same name, made in a foreign country. Not the same as the one I demoed.

Ed in Sacramento.

• Do
      18th of Jan, 2008

I also bought a Serta from American Mattress. I was ready to cancel the order before it came and my husband said no. My back has been hurting ever since, it is harder than the floor model, but I can't prove it. Also they have a 30 comfort garentee, but, all you can do is get a higher priced one and pay for delivery. Right now they have a "sale" it is the same price as it always is. Bad company, bad service, pushy salesman.

• Se
      10th of Apr, 2010

Serta will stand behind it's product warranty if you never sleep on it!! I have had two perfect sleepers but not perfect sleep, the mattress collapses so much in the middle I feel like I'm in a TACO!! Don't waste your time or money on a purchase or complaint about this mattress.
    Free mattress FOR SALE - Carol (Pennsylvania)

• Id
      2nd of Jan, 2013

Bought a Serta perfect sleeper, will never buy another Serta mattress. Their warranty is absolute crap, and the mattress is sagging in the middle after 3 months. Worthless company, buy from someone else.

• St
      30th of Dec, 2014

I bought one and the same thing happen. I call someone from the company they sent someone out to look at it. I had to pay 45.00 for them to tell it had to sink two inches for us to get a new one