Serta Mattress / Don't shop at this store

United States Review updated:

On Nov 4, 2011 I purchased a Serta Mattress and foundation at the Northwoods mall store. I had a tenative delivery date of 11/17. I was told that they would call me the day before, with a time frame (4 hour window) for delivery. I was also given instructions about clearing a path to the room where it was to go, etc. Delivery call was not recieved, so I called customer care. They said that the foundation arrived soiled and was rejected. Also told that the mattress and box springs are “custom made” when ordered, hence the delivery delay. Told that the truck only comes every 10 days from Serta.

Given new tenative delivery of 12/1. Day before, no phone call. Called customer care. Told it had arrived but was not able to get it on the truck in time for the delivery. Called the Sales Associate at this point. Am told that there was never a soiled foundation, instead they had shipped a queen size foundation instead of full. (hard to beleive this, if they custome make the order!) Told that my Mattress was in Bloomington IL and they would be happy to deliver that piece to me the next day. Told that the foundation was in MIlwaukee. I refused, as once accepted, it is a final sale, and I needed both pieces.

Given new delivery date of 12/15. Received no call on 12/14 so I called them at 4:15 pm. Waited until 5pm for someone to take the call. Told that it “didn’t arrive” and when I expressed my frustration, I was asked if I was sure I ordered a Serta mattress and not a sealy. I said no, it is Serta, to which I was told that they come from Itasca IL and that Milwaukee had nothing to do with it. I asked to just cancel the order and was told that a phone call had to be made and that they would call me back with the cancellation confirmation number.

I have not received a phone call yet. And they provide absolutely no way for me to go online and check the status. chistmas is a week away and I have no mattress in the 2nd bedroom fit to sleep on, thanks to JC PENNYS. DO NOT SHOP AT THIS STORE.

Go

Comments

• Se
      4th of May, 2012

We're so sorry to hear about you experience. Please contact us at [protected]@gmail for assistance if still needed.

-Serta Mattress Company