SelectBlinds.com / Deception and Poor Quality

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!! My experience is similar to many of the other complaints.
I first placed an order in early August 2010. A few days later received the email "You will be pleased to know your product is so popular..." and a delayed ship date of 8/16/10. Then after the ship date a new email arrived saying the ship date would now be 9/1/2010. Now my radar was up. I called and after many 45 minute waits - I was told that the item was held up in customs and would not arrive until at least 9/30, with no guarantee. Instead, they pushed me to another, more expensive product. They "gave" me additional discounts for my trouble, but I was still spending over $100 more.
When the product arrived there were multiple problems.
The size was NOT CORRECT, the blinds were wrinkled and uneven, there were sharp metal dowels sticking out on each end, plus other issues.
I called again, with more 45 minute waits, and was told they would remake the product.
By now I was skeptical, and documented that I only wanted the remake if they could correct the problems. I received no confirmation and sent 2 more emails, the last being that if I did not hear back, I would cancel my charge with AMEX. I was told that I could return the product but I was responsible for shipping. My stance is that since the product is defective and the wrong size selectblinds.com should pay for shipping - which they refused.
I cancelled my charge and the 2nd set of blinds showed up - worse than the first.
8 weeks later, AMEX found in favor of Selectblinds.com because the company sent a letter full of lies stating that I was trying to get merchandise for free and that they offered free return shipping!!!
I have now reopened the dispute and the battle continues.

Am

Comments

• Am
      30th of Nov, 2010

I had the exact same experience and have been battling the charge with AMEX for over 2 months now. Unfortunately, AMEX found in favor of selectblinds.com when they received a letter with all false information. The letter from selectblinds was full of lies and I have over 10 pages of email documentation to prove it. I have now reopened the claim with AMEX. The battle continues