SCS / the service at scs birstall shopping park leeds

1 Leeds England West Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I feel compelled to complain about the absolutely appalling service received at you store in Birstall Retail Park Leeds.

Smarmy second-hand car salesman comes to mind! Ultimately desperate, he laid everything on the line to get his commission. Even offering his staff discount!! We felt uncomfortable through the majority of our experience there and when we left without making a sale he threw his toys out the pram which I just found embarrassing for everyone involved. He stormed off shaking his head and no doubt had a rant to his colleagues who always seemed to be hanging around somewhere nearby in little groups. Very strange and surely gives any customer a feeling of unease as if there is some competition going on somewhere regarding sales. Very obvious this store offers commission to its colleagues.

In all honesty, I wasn't overly impressed with the quality of some of the sofas and didn't like many of the designs. So don't attempt to force a sale on your customer! I recently saw an episode of Watchdog and saw an elderly lady being given the same typical sleazy salesman speeches in her own home. Then the vile little guys on the office saying disgusting things and talking about customers in a shocking manner. This is how I felt SCS worked. So I really think you should work on your sales techniques and have a word with your staff! Horrid.

We then visited Barker and Stonehouse located just opposite and had the complete opposite experience. We were able to leisurely stroll around the store without being hassled at all. We were very impressed with their range, quality and prices and ultimately had an enjoyable shopping experience. When we needed help we could find it and happily made a purchase. This is a store I will definitely be returning to. Take notes!!

I think it is safe to say I will not be returning to SCS, no matter how many promotions/sales there are.

Nov 19, 2016