Sciegen Pharmaceuticals / bupropion xl 150mg

1 Taylor, MI, United States Review updated:

I have been taking Wellbutrin xl 150mg, 2 a in the morning at the same time. For the past 2 years I've ALWAYS received my generic bupropion from Anchen Pharmaceuticals. They are small round white tablets marked A 101. Twenty days ago I picked up my refill and noticed that the tablets were different. Didn't think anything of it, I figured the pharmacy knows what it's doing and who am I to doubt their profession. EVERY DAY for 20 days now, I've been taking bupropion xl 150mg 2 tablets in the morning AS ALWAYS. My mind started to spiral out of control to the point where I almost left my family, my husband, children (who I adore)...The past 2 nights, I've almost committed suicide. That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks. The generic Wellbutrin from ScieGen Pharmaceuticals DO NOT WORK. EFFICACY AT ZERO PERCENT. I almost lost my family AND my life over this. Thankfully, another pharmacy still carries the A 101's that I'm USED to, the ones THAT WORK. I can begin taking those tomorrow morning. This is not over. I'm filing a complaint with the FDA, getting an attorney, and go from there. I'm certain I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

Sh
Apr 16, 2018

Comments

• Mi
      15th of May, 2018

Please fill out a form at https://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm I had a similar reaction, and the company claims no reports, but is sending me a a label to ship a sample to them.

• Na
      21st of Jan, 2019

I have been taking Wellbutrin Xl for like 15 years. It’s worked well. The other day I picked up my refill and received purple ones (mine are usually white). I checked the bottle and they said Wellbutrin 150 xl so I went about my business. I have not felt right for a few weeks. Symptoms of depression have come back as well as some other strange stuff. Then I took my meds one night and remembered they were different. It has to this manufacturer that is the problem!