Santander / Car Repossession Fraud

Jul 28, 2015
Santander Consumer Finance, USA
Purchased a 2014 Checy Cruze in December 2014.. After 45 Days Of owning the car, the dealership informed me that the bank backed out.. I had to go in and find another lender. I was out a bankruptcy for about 10 months and excited to rebuild. The car was refinanced under Santander. Two months after purchasing the vehicle, I lost my job. No problem, things happen. I called and made arrangements to pay $100 weekly off of my $307 weekly unemployment. In May 21, 2015, I woke up to make my $100 payment, which I paid just the week before, and my car was gone. They told me I had to pay them $399 to get it back, plus tow fees, etc. Then, I was informed that I need to pay $700 plus $ to retrieve my vehicle.. All my personal belongings, car seats, etc, gone. What a run around I got.. They requested a bank statement faxed, I faxed it and they stated they saw something scanned in, and to give it a day. That turned into we don't see it, can you fax it again. Still nothing.. What kind of protection do we have against these creeps? Even the tow company goes through your things in the car and personally labels and tags them.. I have lost out on so much because of this. The value of the car seemed to have increased at least $4000 as well. They sold the car quickly in June, and stated I have a $9000 balance.. Is there a way to start a class action suit? Who helps the hard working people against the big companies?

Santander Consumer USA Logo Santander Consumer USA