Samsung/U-900 / poor product, worst customer support

1 Singapore Review updated:

My girlfriend just bought a Samsung U900 last month. The cell phone broke down in less than 2 weeks. We sent the phone to the nearest service center for repair. The staff there promise to call my girlfriend in 4 to 5 days for her to collect the phone. However, a week passes and no news, when we call the service center hotline, they keep telling us that they're awaiting for spare parts and promise to return call to make clear the due date for servicing... now 3 weeks had passed since we sent in the phone, and after calling up for for than 4 times and getting the same empty promises, I wrote into their PR section (through Samsung Singapore websute). They don't even bother to return my mail... Samsung is so far the worst customer service & support I had encounter in my life time. This Friday, we have decided to go straight to the service center to demand for the phone... can you imagine this, a newly purchased phone that stays longer with the service center than the customer who bought it (and they don't even bother to called you back to keep you inform about the status when customer had called them so many time).

Comments

21st of Aug, 2008

YES!! i totally agree and empathise coz that is the problem i am facing currently! I bought Samsung Omnia last month and had been to the customer service cntre thrice! Last week, i sent in for the 3rd time and they told me 3-4days the phone will be ready. But nobody updates me of the status until i made another visit down to the svc centre and they actually told me they couldnt give me an answer when can the phone be returned to me!!! OMG this is ridiculous ; lousy technology + lousy service!
    I purchased a PDA phone for convenience, but not only could I nt use the phone at ease, i had to bear with such nonsense from their service centre! With such lousy service, I dont see Samsung's effort in retaining customers to stay loyal to their brand!

• To
      22nd of Aug, 2008

i am facing the same problem. wondering whether there is anything we can do. i will be going down to kick a fuss later. despite my high hopes of samsung and omnia, i have gone back to nokia phones.