Samsung / refrigerator maintenance ticket

Sagle, ID, United States

I called 1-800-Samsung on 12/28/16 to report an issue with our refrigerator. The refrigerator side has quit cooling but the freezer side is still functioning. After much troubleshooting, we've been unable to fix it ourselves. After calling Samsung they said they were unable to find a repairmen in our area so they were going to escalate our ticket to their Executive Customer Relations department to figure out a solution.

I was supposed to receive a call back within 48 hours. We didn't receive any call so I called back and they said again that they were escalating it and I'd receive a call in 48 hours. I've been through that process five times now. I've since uploaded and emailed my bill of sale/receipt to them and still have received no resolution and still NO CALL BACK. It has now been three weeks of no functioning refrigerator. As you can imagine, it's quite inconvenient. I don't even know what to do at this point.

I've asked several times to be transferred to Executive Customer Relations and they repeatedly tell me that they're not able to transfer me. I guess I will continue to call every two days as I wait another 48 hours for ECR to call me and they never call. As soon as I get this resolved I'm going to be so relieved to no longer own a Samsung appliance as I don't think I could ever go through this process again.

• Updated by MrsFree2015, Jan 17, 2017

I forgot to note that our builder purchased this Samsung side by side refrigerator in October 2015 from Sears. The builder did not purchase Sears' appliance protection plan (lesson learned).

Mr