Sam Galloway Ford / Awful company

United States Review updated:

My "quick lube" at Galloway took one hour and 45 minutes. When I complained to the attendant he got the service manager who actually yelled at me and tried to make it seem that the time taken was somehow my fault. Perhaps this was because I didn't buy the extras they offered when I first pulled in? Then, when I told him what I thought of his service, he told me I wouldn't get the promised free oil change because I had nothing good to say about Galloway. (I pointed out the label on my '08 Mercury read Scanlon, not Galloway and told him about the lies a Galloway salesperson told me when I was in the market for a new car.) Now I've got even less good to say. Galloway needs to learn that in this economy consumers have choices. I won't be back. I wish Scanlon still sold and service Mercs.
Va

Comments

Al
  26th of Jan, 2009
I cant agree more. I have had a similar experience. Never had this problem at Scanlon. I will be getting a new car soon but not from Galloway.
Sc
  8th of Apr, 2009
I have heard stories about Scanlon as well. Granted, the service manager's reaction was out of line, but just from reading your story, it seems that you may have pulled into the service department with a chip on your shoulder. I have done business with this dealership many times. I have not always made my purchase their, but have been treated as well or better then most of the other dealerships. They did not get the size they are by treating the public poorly. In regards to the statement that you might have been treated this way becouse you did not buy the extra's they tried to sell you, that is just another way for you to point blame and is a rediculous comment. They are suppose to offer additional services and justify the reason for them. Firestone, Goodyear, Quicky Lube and every other automotive garage does the same thing. I have no problem with that as long as the offers are to better my situation and are presented to be professionaly. They are their to make money and SELL products and services. You have the wright to decline as well as the wright to purchase.
I think it is a bit harsh to go on the internet with the intent to stop a company trying to survive during these tough economic times from doing additional business, and trying to keep the public from going their by smearing there reputation based on your bad experiance.. How about trying a sit down adult meeting with the manager and share your concerns behind closed doors? Just a thought. My guess is you will leave with more then you showed up with and feel a little better. Everyone has a bad day now and then, even the service people at Scanlon that you wish were still around.
Sc
  8th of Apr, 2009
How about you had an awful experiance instead of it is an awful company. Now the company is awful becouse of one experiance in the oil change lane? Get real!
Py
  30th of Jun, 2009
My service experience has always been very very favorable. Sorry this person had such a perceived bad experience.
Ur
  2nd of Mar, 2010
I will have to agree with you... I took my vehicle in for work and they damaged the tailgate... Then the service manager kicked me out and told me to never come back because I was upset that me new vehicle just got damaged... That sales manager does not have to worry I would not buy a vehicle from them if they were the last dealership around... They have the worst service I have ever seen or delt with. SAM GALLOWAY FORD should fire that service manager for treating the paying customers like that and then he needs to go home and remove the di*k from his as* so maybe he won't be so tight... Or maybe it there because he likes it up his as*
Jd
  24th of Sep, 2010
Or maybe it's because random idiots buy trucks, and then damage them, then try and slide it in under the radar when at the shop, it happens, you wouldn't be the first, certainly not the last.

The management is worthless there, but if you didn't mention it when you dropped it off, then you didn't CYA