Sunl Complaints & Reviews

SunlSunl

Seems a common thing to bash SUNL. But most of what I'm seeing are user induced problems! How stupid can a person possibly be to buy a SUNL for 1/10th the cost of a Honda and expect to get the exact same machine? OMG. "Stupid is as stupid does" LOL!

We bought three Chinese scooters now. And though they SURELY weren't meant for it. Off roaded the CRAP out of them (They've each been burried in mud and sand over the floor boards). Been at it for just over two years now in fact. Still haven't done a THING to take care of them other than oil changes and washes. DID put a new spark plug and fuel filter on one of them recently, and need to do the other two. But with each machine at over 3, 000 miles... Geesh! Whaa whaa, poor little me!

Would a 10X more expensive Honda have done any better? I really can't see any possible way it would. But still, why are people surprised if they draw a lemon and have to do some repairs when they buy cheap?!?! STUPID!!!

Sunljunk

i bought a sunl atv for 300 dollars and first time i used it it worked fine so i took it home and the second time it was dead then when i was riding the batterie guard broke so my batterie fell and my cables ripped out of it so i had to push it home and just so were clear i ride on moderate trails and the 6/7 time my tire seperated from my rim and i had to beat my rim with a hammer for it to hold air and it still seperates from the rim and looses air and i have to shut my gas off after riding it each time or it will leak all over the floor and empty my gas tank then my throttle cable came loose so i have to put it in nuetral and keep pushing the gas to keep it from dieing again

Sunlit sucks hard

My Sunl go cart is terrible. Every time i fix it, it breaks again. when I got it, the first problem i had was the shocks that came with it. the seals that held the pressure broke and the hydroc floid leaked everywhere. I had to go all the way to Texas and buy new parts for it and fix it myself. the second problem that i had was the gas pump going out and the gas tank completely leaking out. Third problem was my gear box going out. I was shifting and the gears shreaded the locked up. To fix that you had to completely take apart the rear end. the shifter snaped and I could never fix that part. and the entire time the oil leaked and I could never keep the coolant filled. The front right strut sheered off while I was driving, the wheel, and the entire break assembly came off. So the thing is a peice of crap and ended up spending tons of money. the entire time I drove it, it was very unreliable and annoying. if looking to buy any SunL run the other way, FAST!!!

• Ol
    Old Twig Dec 31, 2013

I bought a 2007 Sunl ATV 150cc from a friend that his boy seized the motor, The oil cap for the strainer came loose and leaked all the oil out. Bought a piston/gasket kit on E-Bay under $30 and honed the cylinder . Also replaced the cracked fuel lines with 20 year old honda fuel line I had lying around. My son has been riding it for 3 years with no troubles. these GY6 clones are fairly good, you just need to keep an eye on the oil and change it often because they don't hold much oil ( about 3/4 of a quart). Not bad for a $130 ATV

Sunlfourwheeler

The first day i had my fourwheeler would break down every so often... then a few days later a screw pops of the axil. And if that wasnt bad enough i get a hole in my gas tank.. I take it to the repair shop. Get it back a week later ride it and it breaks down and wont statrt up. Had to pay for a whole new gas tank and i find out they put putty on the hole. Scamin me for the price of a gas tank. then it starts leaking gas again. I have seen bad four wheelers before but nothing as bad as SUNL. Do not buy this product. Made in a foreign country and is making triple the money for this off brand name

• Ho
    holmes77423 Sep 10, 2010

Another typical Chinese hater. Sounds a bit ridiculous to me. I have a Sunl 4 wheeler and it's been nothing short of great and I'm a big, heavy guy that rides hard with 30 years experience riding off-road. Don't believe everything you hear. The only ones that ever write reviews are the haters it seems. I'm one of the very few that are willing to defend what I honestly believe are good machines.

Resolved Sunlblown engine

I bought a sunl scooter in june it was in the shop july for 2 weeks in aug for 2 weeks and sept for 2 weeks it started dec, jan, and feb i drove it 1 day in feb the engine blew it has a 1 year manufacture warrenty that sunl will not support, they said we do not talk to consumers call the shop you bought it form and they will not fix it I have a $1600.00 door stop I bought to save gas money and it has cost me three times the gas would of. I am contacting the states attorney in NJ and tx where these are sold.

Sunlhanma r6

please read before buying, bought hanma r6 (?) for my 7 yr old, who is 65 lbs . my son rode this roughly 15 hrs and the nut holding the piston to the shock rod (inside the shock) backed off allowing the shock to jam makimg atv unrideable, had to replace both front shocks - about 3 hrs more riding time and the atv started throwing the chain which also had to be replaced - also brake pads wore out at this point had to replace (all out of my pocket ) as local dealer in utica ny informed me that all sunl atv he sells are sold as with no warranty from him, that warranty is through sunl (which is not told to buyers untill after there is problem) which will happen soon after atv is ridden on for short time. in the last 2 1/2 months hanma cannot be ridden more than 1 to 2 hrs before something else breaks . in the last 2 1/2 mounths the main frame has broken and had to be welded 9 times now . cannot get parts or support from dealers or sunl corp . have called sunl in texas @[protected] this is us corp headquaters, after keeping log of calls (29 times )for 2 months no one can find right frame, will not return calls, this is 2007 frame and local dealer now says is a discontunied item and wants nothing more to do with it as even they cannot get parts from sunl corp . sunl corp cares nothing about the dealers or buyers problems with thier products . i bought the hanma r6 for my son as i am a single income family and could not aford us brand name atv, thought this would be ok for a child . now i have a child who sits and watches his friends (who have brand name atvs) ride and cries because his hanma is always broke down, am writing this in hopes that other children dont end up wth a peice of junk they cant ride, because sunl and thier dealers care nothing about you or your children, only the money they get from screwing people who cant afford the best of the best, we buy what we can afford and end up with lowest quality product around ( JUNK )
PLEASE USE CAUTION BUYING FROM ANYONE SELLING ANY PRODUCT FROM SUNLCORP OF HOUSTON TX . just know if you buy these products you are totally on your own - no customer support - no parts and never expect sunl to ever return your calls
PLEASE BEWARE AND DONT BUY THESE PRODUCTS.

SunlTerrible service!

I ordered two sets of brake pads, after a month I finally received the parts but the incorrect ones. Tried for a week to reach someone to have replaced, finally got Nathan on the line who told me to return the incorrect ones w/ the old correct ones as sample. Thankfully I only returned a picture of the correct ones becuase I haven't been able to reach Nathan for two plus weeks. Whoever answers the phone tells me he is doing inventory (for two weeks!!!) and that he sent the brake pads and would call with a tracking number. I don't know how he sent them from Dallas to Austin, but it sure doesn't take longer than 9 days to get here by mail or UPS. It must be coming by turtle. SUNL SUCKS!!! Don't think you are getting a good deal cause you're not. The dealer I bought this ATV from closed up shop a month or so later. I have only had this ATV for 1 year and can't ride it w/o brake pads. Again, SUNL SUCKS!!!

Resolved SunlSunl SUCKS!

I was set up as a dealer for Sunl in May 2007. In their dealer agreement Sunl forces prospective dealers to purchase minimum orders. If no minimum order is purchased, you have no dealer agreement. So we bought about $30,000.00 in inventory. In July another account manager phoned me and told me my account manager had been fired, business as usual. During this time the office staff at Sunl had not completed our franchise agreement so we could not file our amendmended license request with the state. After much pressure a franchise agreement was produced and we filed it with the state only to learn there was another dealer in our town who had protested our license amendment. We came to learn this guy in the local mall is part of Sunl's problems of their stuff falling apart. Not long after we received the notice from the state, a DOT investigator came to visit us and more or less forced us to drop our amendment... assuring us that he would make Sunl buy back our inventory. Of course noone at Sunl will return our repeated calls either. So we're stuck with ALL this inventory the state says we cant legally sell.

To you people that spent $1000.00 for a atv, scooter, etc and got taken advantage of, how would you like to walk in my shoes a day or two, and make my interest payments on the merchandise that sits in my storage area Im not able to sell.
I don't think word can get out fast enough about this company. When I asked the DOT investigator how it is that they can do what they do... he replied ( and I CANNOT believe what he said) " you know, they're Chinese, and they do business different than "we" do ". I thought that was sort of ironic since he is his panic, and I don't know who he was talking about when he said "we", because down at our place, we run it the way the STATE says, not the way the state apparently lets Sunl run theirs.
I am really sorry so many people have had SO much trouble with the powersports products they purchased from Sunl, but I found out that yes these bikes do break, and NO support connected to a Sunl product to speak of, but if you have a good enough service department, ALL of the problems can be overcome, and parts CAN be found to repair them. Ive spent days reading complaint after complaint on the internet about Sunl products, and they're almost ALL true.

The problem I seen for myself at the Sunl location in Dallas was this... you have ONE autocrat ruling that place behind the scenes, and a bunch of puppets (sales people they call District managers ) working out where people can see them. This chinese person behind the scenes calls ALL the shots there. If there's NO parts to fix your bike, it's because that "autocrat" running the show thinks Americans are SO rich that when one of their junky bikes break, we should just go out and buy another one to replace it. They'll even tell you that when you buy, you should buy one or two extra to have as parts. Ive given them $40.00 for a starter they have for sale online for $15.00... and I am a dealer ! Here's why though... you have a customer at your dealership with a 10 year olds atv that wont start... you buy the starter, and pay the freight yourself, and let the customer have that starter at cost and just write that extra cost off as the price of doing business with Sunl, or you do like the guy at the mall does, and tells his customers to get lost.

You buy a bike at MY place though, and your 10 year old will be back out having fun on his atv asap. We already handle the Diamo line, and have been VERY satisfied with their entire operation, plus warranty claims have been very minimal,Ive also picked up another product line to replace the Sunl's I cant sell, but this is the start of my education to the public about Sunl. A business run by idiots will produce a bad product, and most wont last too long. If you have any questions concerning Sunl I can answer, please call Fast Freddys Motorsports at [protected].

• De
    Dennis Huff Dec 22, 2007

As a dealer of all makes and models of pocket bikes to mini choppers, atv's and stand-up scooters, I have not run across any so poorly made and a company who once they sell the product to you they don't want anything to do with you unless it is to buy another one from them. Sun-L is a company that I as a dealer want to tell everybody out there, if you are interested in buying a scooter or mini motorcycle buy it from anyother dealer or site but please please do not buy it from "Sun-L".

• Br
    Brenda Jul 04, 2008

My complaint is, I have two motorcycles from SUNL and both of the batteries constantly drain. Every time I turn around I have to charge them, and then, after a while, even charging them doesn't work. Is there any solution to this problem. One auto mechanic told me, with some batteries you need to replace them every year. How dumb is that? I know people with bikes and they don't have to replace their battery every year.

• Wa
    Walter Johnson Dec 01, 2008

My nephew just rode one of these from Dallas, Texas to Ozark, Alabama with no troibles. He has put abhout 10, 000 miles all total on it and rides it daily. They do not suit my taste, I ride a Goldwing, but so far my nephew has not experienced anything described here.

• Co
    cody1998 Oct 24, 2009

i own three chinnese dirt bikes one hummer 110 auto atv and one sl250d atv and a 150 sld, other than a few flats and a lack of places to ride there has been very little go wrong, of course i work on them i work on all my own bikes, and that has been quite a few, i am a truck driver, dot would care less about a dirt bike unless you are riding on the street, if i am right the local laws don't care where your bike is made, your guy at the mall can be ran off by taking buisness away, , out sell him with a smile, , i like the chinese bikes, they are not as nice as some of jap bikes are but they are good and within a price a poor guy can touch, ,

• Su
    sunl? Sep 27, 2010

Like all other comments, My experience with sunl is terrible! The first week that my son had the quad the frame broke. I had to by a new one. Compleatly take the thing apart, and put everything together. Next the chain tentioners stripped our and I had to replace those. And of course the battery went south on me, TWICE. Then just recently the frame that I replaced broke at the axle mount. I was abe to weld that, but it screwed up the chain so bad that had to be replaced, for the second time. These are the biggist piles I have ever seen. Dont buy one, save yourself some headache. The only thing good I can say about them is that they teach you to save your money and buy a Honda!

• Ls
    L.Schulz Nov 20, 2013

Ordered a part for a customer 4 weeks ago. Have not received, they don't answer the number listed on their website or answer my emails. Looks like I got screwed out of $90.00 ! Lesson Learned, never order parts from
    SunlPartsOnline.com!!!

SunlNot honoring warranty!

On June 29,2007, I purchased a 250cc off road go-kart for my son. I have had nothing but trouble with it since day one. We had the machine less than a day and the drive belt went, and I was charged $200.00 to repair it. The place where I purchased the machine did the work. They ended up putting the wrong belt and sending it back to me, with the wrong belt on the machine. Got the machine home and it was running worse than before. The machine had no pick-up, and would not climb out of my driveway, which by the way is less than a 3% grade. After a week of complaining to the owner of Motorcycle Madness, which is where I purchased the machine, I finally received the correct belt. The belt was installed, and the machine still would not run. I called back Motorcycle Madness and spoke with the owner about this problem. I told him that it did not work, and my son wanted his money back, the owner said to me that it will never happen, he will not get a new machine or his money back. He is not honoring the warranty for this machine.

• Ex
    Ex SUNL Dealer Aug 08, 2007

Since when does SUNL or any of it's dealers EVER honor a warranty? All they care about is getting your money. See sunljunk.com and buggynews.com for further info on SUNL.

The problem is that your dealer does not know how to install a belt. When a CVT belt breaks, the rollers in the front CVT pulley fall out of the grooves and go sideways. With the rollers in this position, it's like trying to start off in 4th gear. Also the belt will break again very quickly. The pulley must be taken off and the rollers repositioned. Then reassemble with a new belt and you should be good to go.

• Hu
    hunter Oct 21, 2007

Sunl bikes are one of the best of Chinese bikes, taking special care on quality and after sale service. Now, Sunl has granted 1-year warranty of Sunl bikes to its authorized dealers. within warranty time, any Sunl customer is able to get his bike repaired or changed for free if he can bring forth original buying invoice.

Check the dealer's authorization certification before making a purchase.

Jason Merfeld Oct 23, 2007

We are an independent MC and ATV Repair shop, and agree 100%, these are DANGEROUS, POORLY designed machines. Anyone that buys an ATV from a used car lot or a furniture store should ask the question, Why are these for sale here?

SunL will make anyone a dealer, without any questions asked or qualifications verified and it shows.

We are tired of seeing these things coming in day after day, and broken hearted kids make it even worse.

I'm not saying all Chinese powersports products are junk, the Qinqi, Jincheng, and Jianshe products I have seen are very well built, but you won't find them on Ebay and you won't find them anywhere but a Motorcycle shop. You will pay more than $600 bucks for them though.

• Ho
    hondasucks Nov 03, 2007

The lawmakers requested a meeting with Indiana Economic Development Corp. CEO Nathan Feltman to discuss the practice of "granting state incentives to companies that selectively exclude certain Hoosiers from even applying for employment."

Agency spokesman Mitch Frazier said it had received the letter and plan to respond to the legislators. The state offered Honda more than $24 million in tax credits and training grants to build the plant, estimated to cost $550 million, in Greensburg. The area around the factory also will receive several million dollars in locally funded road and infrastructure improvements.

In exchange for the incentives, Indiana asked only that Honda hired Hoosiers, said Jane Jankowski, a spokeswoman for Gov. Mitch Daniels. She said state officials had no plans "to prescribe hiring practices to private companies."

The letter came from Tyler, state Reps. Terri Austin of Anderson and Scott Reske of Pendleton and state Sens. Sue Errington of Muncie and Tim Lanane of Anderson. It also was sent to Daniels and House Speaker Patrick Bauer.

Honda is building a factory to make Civic sedans on 1,700 acres along Interstate 74 about 50 miles southeast of Indianapolis. It is expected to open in the fall of 2008. Company officials have said they imposed the 20-county limit because they want workers to live no more than an hour's drive from the factory.

A long commute "does not seem like a legitimate concern," according to the legislators' letter. "Our constituents pay state income and sales taxes, and therefore they directly helped bring Honda to Indiana through the targeted use of their tax dollars," the letter says. More than 30,000 people have applied online for the roughly 2,000 positions jobs Honda plans to fill at the factory. Honda plans to start filling some of those positions early next year.

• Su
    sunl dealer Nov 03, 2007

In fact when sunl previously entered us markets, sunl did contract unqualified dealers as its partners. But now, things have been turned around completely. So far this year, sunl has sternly checked its dealer team and abolished the authorization of those who failed to pass the check. The only aim is to purify sunl dealer team as to better sunl post service.

Sunl — Pieces of crap!

I got a sunl 110cc dirt bike last march and have had nothing but trouble. First my brakes locked up, then...

Resolved Sunl — Buyer beware!

In april of 2006 i purchased 6 atv's from a sunl dealer thru ebay. This dealer, who i will not name, ha...