Salvation Army Racine WI / racism
I sent the letter below around Dec 8. New information received suggests that the employee's race may have caused her dismissal.
"I am writing to express my disappointment in discovering that Delores from Racine SA was let go from employment. I understand that being a personnel matter you are not at liberty to discuss this but I also believe that this is a loss for all of us. Being a dedicated customer for almost 10 years I had the privilege of knowing Delores for almost the entire time. Her efforts at Douglas AV did not go unnoticed by a lot of us. Even injured she showed up and made me feel welcome every time I entered. I was so impressed with her customer relations and my loyalty switched from Goodwill to Salvation Army, due in large part to Delores. When the change to Washington AV took place I jumped in with both feet and not only shopped there every day but became a regular donor. Within the last several weeks I have donated 4 times. So disappointed by this. Contact me at [protected]. I will await a response before I continue up the food chain of management. Being in business, I understand personnel confidentiality but I would ask that you reconsider this situation. Racine needs more like Delores."
So I guess we just patronize loyal customers hoping they will forget. Think again. I'm getting feedback from several people that this may involve racism because of Delores' Hispanic nationality. I wonder how this will play out in the media? I have recommended that Delores contact an attorney at the end of this week and I will cover the cost. For your sake I would hope to hear something soon. Sincerely, Rick Geller
More Salvation Army Racine WI Complaints & Reviews
- The Salvation Army - donations spent on officers, not the needy 
- Salvation Army - discrimination 
- The Salvation Army - working for them is horrible 
- The Salvation Army Phoenix Arc - abusive director of rehab services 
- The Salvation Army - stealing from the salvation army 
- The Salvation Army USA - discrimination and harassment 
- Salvation Army - refuse to allow customer to test out used electronic devices 
- The Salvation Army USA - service 
- The Salvation Army - screw over and abuse their hardworking employees 
- Salvation Army - Donations - rude service