Sallie Mae Private Student Loan / Fees for forbearance, no help from customer service
Sallie Mae is terrible--all of the agents with whom I spoke C40169, C40256, etc. told me that they did not have a designated customer service brach. Well, I checked the BBB wesite, and yes, Sallie Mae does have a Customer Adovcate Unit.
Here is the information:
Ms. Kelly Mahoney
Customer Advocate Unit
P.O. Box 4200
Wilkes Barre, PA 18773
I suggest that you get all of your ducks in a row before you call them: 1. get a sallie mae agent number for everyone with whom you speak, 2. document each converstation and the outcome of the converstation noting the agent # who gave you the information, 3. Send the Customer Adovate Unit a detailed letter outlining this documentation and your concerns, 4. Make sure you send the letter directly to Kelly Mohoney with, and this part is crucial, USPS restricted delivery mail (this ensures Kelly Mahoney receives and signs for your letter--and you receive documentation from the US Postal Service). Also, I think it may be a criminal offence if Sallie Mae declines your letter.
I have been strugging with Sallie Mae for three months and this is the only course of action that works. Yes, it is time consuming, but I am convinced it is one of the only ways to resolve your issues unless you seek help from an outside source.
More Sallie Mae Private Student Loan Complaints & Reviews
- Sallie Mae - Student loans 
- Sallie Mae - Scams, scams and more scams 
- Sallie Mae Financial Services - Billing statements not sent! 
- Sallie Mae - Private Loan Forbearance 
- Sallie Mae - Scam and cheating! 
- Sallie Mae - Liars and Have a Monopoly 
- Sallie Mae - Worst Customer Service 
- Sallie Mae//chase Bank - Cotinues of calls at home and at work
- Sallie Mae - Terrible service! 
- Sallie Mae - High interest rate and taking money