[Resolved] Saffron Events UK / Charged & pound;30k, ruined my dream wedding, shambles

111-113 French Street, Glasgow Scotland Strathclyde, United Kingdom Review updated:

Saffron Events UK from Glasgow which is owned by Hassan Anwar completely ruined my wedding this year at the Thistle Hotel in August 2015. He charged me £30K for which my parents saved up their whole life and gave us shoddy wedding. All this money was demanded upfront and he gave us no receipts. On the day, he was so late in setting up. Guests were standing in reception whilst he was still setting the room for 500 people. This was such an embarassment to me and my family. When my brothers spoke t o Hassan Anwar, he couldnt care less. He said his driver let him down. what a lame excuse. His manage Sharon bryson couldnt give a damn it was my big day and they had charged me £30K. All paid in cash prior to the wedding. Hassan wanted all the money before the wedding or he said he would not turn up. Which would have meant we have lost all the money paid before. The set - up was late by 2 hours. There was no reception drinks and canapes which we had paid for. Eventually we did get reception drinks which was meant to be fresh but was just carton. Canapes they didnt bother delivering despite paying £3 per person which was £1500 for the canapes. The stage decor wasnt what was shown prior and was just standard which he had given to every person that year. For the stage he had charged me £2500 and another £1500 for flowers. the flowers were scarce and not worth the £1500 charged. Food was late and terrible. The chicken was uncooked and lamb was not worth eating. It was so bad tasting. Many guests didnt even eat as the food was so bad and tastless and very late served. Waiters was few and far between with many not speaking English. Really we paid £30k for a joke of a wedding, an embarassment to my family and the best dy of my life being the worst day of my life. This was all thanks to Hassan Anwar and Sharon Bryson from Saffron Events UK in Glasgow. They are based in French Street in Glasgow. My advice would be to avoid them like the plague.

• Resolution statement

Despite contacting Hassan Anwar of Saffron Events UK, numerous times...he ignored our calls and refuses to meet with us.

Sh
Nov 11, 2015

More Saffron Events UK Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      Aug 08, 2016

They are a rip off company.

STAY AWAY!!!

they will be nice to your face until it's time to pay. Then all these special condition come into play!

Hasan is a crook, they don't provide the service that was agreed and the food was nothing like the tasting!

What a mess! If you have already paid a deposit to these guys I would even consider losing it just so you don't ruin your function by using saffroneventsuk, hasan and mariya!

• Sp
      Sep 03, 2016

I was to organise my wedding again I would steer clear of this rip off company! Reasons being: The food served on the day was completely different to the food served at the tasting The food was not served to the plates as requested and discussed. It was just put on a steel dish and left on the table. Even the bloody top table had to walk up and down the serve their own food! The main reason is that they mislead us in the build up to the wedding with regard to the number of guests. When we were talking on the phone they kept reassuring us that we could provide our guest numbers closer to the wedding. Which was not within one month as the contract says. So when we gave the numbers they surprisingly said we had to pay for the full 200 as in the original quote although we were only expecting 165 guests. So we ended up paying an extra £2000 for guests that were not coming! The staff were abusing our free bar and actually requested our guests to hurry up in photo booth

• Me
      Mar 06, 2019

If your a contractor I’d also steer clear of this company!! They agreed a price with us to fit them a mezzanine floor, they agreed to our terms and conditions where they paid an initial deposit and then the remaining amount upon completion. However, once we’d fully installed the floor they ignored all of our emails and calls for the remaining amount.
    Don’t do business with them