Safeway — rotten certified organic egg
Black mold and a milky liquid filled one end of an organic grade a brown egg. This carton of organic eggs certified by "quality assurance international" was purchased 12/24/2008, expired 1/10/2009 and was opened on 1/1/2009.
I consider this grossly contaminated, unbroken, uncracked egg a major failure of safeway, lucerne foods, inc., and organic certifier processing, inspection, handling and food safety requirements.
This product from safeway marked with a jan 10 pf 347-p-1686a expiration mark was a major, potentially fatal, food safety failure. It is a serious failure of safeway/lucerne policies and procedures.
I requested that safeway contact me with a report on this failure and will repost when/if i receive a response.
More Safeway Complaints & Reviews
- Safeway - false 
- Safeway - conduct unbecoming of the store manager named michael 
- Safeway - safeway store manager 
- Safeway - crv charge for meat! 
- Safeway $10 Off $75 Purchase Coupon - misleading coupon 
- Safeway - Continental in Green Valley - entire store
- Safeway - floral
- Safeway - delivery services
- Safeway - carts
- Safeway - harass by employee