Safelite Auto Glass — They're giving me the runaround
A couple of months ago my windshield was broken by rock on the highway. I had the windshield replaced through my insurance company - who uses Safelite (the Largo, FL office). I've had one other windshield replaced by them and another repaired, they did ok work. But this last time they replaced the windshield, they damaged the apilars, replacing them insecurely and now both have been blown off!
I replaced the first one myself, thinking, hey, maybe it's a coincidence. But this morning the other apilar flew off while I was on the highway. Not the one I replaced myself, that one is installed properly and snug as it can be.
I called to have Safelite reimburse me for the cost of the apilars and from very first minute on the phone, I started getting the run around. Someone is supposed to call me back, but that was hours ago. And I'm still in the process of gathering all the data from the windshield install to the apilar that I replaced, etc.
Needless to say, none of their technicians will ever touch my car again regardless of how this turns out.
More Safelite Auto Glass Complaints & Reviews
- Safelite Auto Glass - Insurance Scam 
- Safelite Auto Glass - Failure to Honor Warranty/Faulty Product and Workmanship 
- Safelite Auto Glass - False advertising
- Safelite Auto Glass - Cheap glass 
- Safelite Auto Glass - Bad repair service 
- Safelite - BAD PRODUCT AND SLOW FOLLOW UP 
- Safelite AutoGlass / Safelite Group - defective windshield installed/rear view console damaged
- Safelite Auto Glass - Horrible service 
- Safelite Auto Glass - Repair results
- Safelite Auto Glass - Worst customer service