SafeHome Security / Fraudulent Billing / Incompetent Staff

1 773 South Kirkman Rd., Suite 120Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (407) 253-7111

This local franchise of Safehome Security in Cromwell CT is so incompetent in using their billing system that even after a seven month notice of non-renewal of our contract, they can't remove us from their billing system causing the headquarters to put fraudulent charges on our card. This is going on for half a year with constant disputes to the credit card company reversing the charges. The credit card company helped out by cancelling our card so they couldn't charge us so now I get a bill for even more money!

Sad thing is, we moved out of our offices in October of 2007 and paid through Feb 08. These idiots can't use a computer but you're supposed to trust them with your security? I think not.

Avoid this company under Safehome Security or their billing name of Safeguard America or the local website of home-alarm-security.com!

Dj

Comments

• Pa
      5th of Jul, 2007
    SafeHome Security - Fine print LOCKS one into contract

Having switched to Vonage for VOIP service at home, I have discovered, 9 months into it, that Safe Home Security does not integrate with Vonage.

After being a customer of Safehome for more than 6 years, I hoped they would offer me some solution.

Instead, I was offered costly upgrades, and told that my contract had an automatic renewal policy in the fine print, and that I needed to inform them in writing 2 months prior to that automatic renewal.

Automatic renewals??? What kind of crap is that? They sent me a new contract to sign every year, but I paid a little more to be a month to month customer... NOW I am in a contract? If I block the automatic withdrawal from my bank they will report me to the credit companies..

THIS is how they treat a customer of almost seven years! I had hoped to work things out with them, but every conversation became more insulting!!!

24th of Aug, 2008

colonsmartcleasner
    Posted: 2008-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    froud

Complaint Rating:
    I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.com@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...

• Ba
      11th of Sep, 2008

This company is fraud stay away from them it will cost you alot of money and no service i had to pay $200 just to get rid of them worst company i ever dealt with in my life. Beware of sales guy all they care is you sign the contract and its like sign your life to someone else. these people are not here to protect you or your family they are here only for money money and money

• Re
      8th of Apr, 2009

I blocked my drafts after being told I could not cancel one month in advance. I was told that it had to be in writing 60 days in advance. I was separated from my husband and moved out of the house. I paid for four months through the end of my 3 year contract even after I moved and it was disconnected by my ex husband. Over a year later they are still billing me for service each month and have put it on my credit which is ruining my excellent credit. They add charges for service plus late fees each month. It is unbelievable that it is legal to do this.

• Bi
      29th of May, 2009
    SafeHome Security - Hard sell pros
    SafeHome Security Systems Connecticut
    Manchester
    Connecticut

I have been a client of SafeHome Security for over 10 years. As life throws curveballs I went through a divorce and needed to reduce my expenses. As it happened my contract came up for the security monitoring to end so I opted to do that and was met with a hard sell salesman who convinced me under duress to not cancel but keep a modified monitoring lowering the cost, and also said if I wanted I could cancel after a year...Well THAT was a lie and since I was stupid enough to not read the fine print I am screwed. Ten it gets better, I canceled my landline phone to save 30bucks without thinking about Safehome and now i have no means to be monitored. I Have tried to cancel in good faith to no means, even though I now rent out the house and they dont have a land line either I am still being harassed to pay for a service that they no longer can provide due to a contract that they hard sell...This company is a Joke!

• Bi
      30th of May, 2009

Yes I too have been screwed over by these people, I dropped my cox cable phone to save 30 bucks after my divorce ( not thinking about safehome monitoring...)I got majic jack...lol. so anyway they have attached a credit claim onto my spotless credit report since I refuse to pay for the cell tower they want to rent me!!!

30th of Apr, 2011

I'm currently experiencing the same thing and find it hard to believe that these shady business practices are legal. Is ther anything I can do to get out of this? I'm about ready to call the local news and see what happens. If I can't help myself, I would feel a little bettere just knowing that this SCAM has been made public.

30th of Apr, 2011

I found a couple of typos in my last post, but sadly, I don't see an edit option on this site. Please excuse the grammatical errors.