Safe Home Security, Inc. / Terrible service

1 55 Sebethe Dr.Cromwell, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800 - 833-3211

We entered into 3 year contract with Safe Home Security in June 2005. We agreed to pay extra monthly fee for parts warranty. I about 4 months our alarm system broke and we called Safe Home Security to schedule an appointment for service. But nobody showed at the scheduled day. We kept calling and scheduling the appointments for 4 months until we actually got somebody in the house to fix our alarm system. Throughout all this time Safe Home Security continued to debit our account (we had an automatic payment plan with the company). We had to go through the ordeal in order to get the service we were paying for.

In about 2 years, the alarm system broke again. We called again to schedule the appointment but, just as 2 years prior nobody showed up in our house. We rescheduled the appointment twice but in vain. Finally both my husband and I gave up and figured it would be cheaper for us to pay until the contract expires, rather than waste our time scheduling appointments nobody shows up for.

We properly notified the company about discontinuing services with the company due to expiring contract. We received the confirmation letter from the company. But guess what: the company still continues to debit our account even AFTER the contract has expired. Now we go to the bank each month to file ACH (Automated Clearing House) in order to dispute the transaction.

This company is a mess. I found out that it has numerous litigations against it based on consumer complaints. Our advice - Stay away from Safe Home Security. It is not Safe, it is Dangerous.

Ol

Comments

8th of Jul, 2008

I agree. I have cancelled with this company in April as well as sending a letter in May & they still are taking money out of my account. They do NOT reposnd to calls. I will be calling the Better Business Bureau in Ct.

Anne Marie Dion

• Bo
      17th of Jul, 2008

i am a former shs employee, you as customers have no idea how rude, disrespectful the employees at this "business" are. there is rampant swearing, talks of violence, sexual harassment, homophobia, and blatant lies. this place is full of deceptive business practices. those contracts are designed to rip you off entirely. prices for compentents for the systems are made up. this place had to be the most unprofessional environment. i am so sorry for anyone who has been duped and ripped-off by this company. attorney general blumenthal needs to stick it to this animals and stick it hard.

• Kn
      11th of Mar, 2010

This company is horrendous. I had a three year contract when I tried to cancel I was told I had to do so in writing BEFORE the contract was up and if not I was automatically on the hook for another three years. Only way to get any discount is to get friends and family to sign up with them. Why would I subject friends and family to such disgusting service. The customer service rep was rude to me on the phone and told me he had no supervisor but the president of the company and that the president would never speak to me. If there is no administration between the president and the customer service reps no wonder it is so poorly run. I highly doubt that though and think a dishonest customer service rep is more likely.

• Qu
      11th of Jun, 2010

I didn't know that my contract was up to cancel it. Now they tell me that after 3years they don't have to tell customer when the contract ends. And can't cancel it. But will charge me $89.00 per hour to come and hookup the system to my phone line. So they want money that they don't earn in monitoring fees. I have faxed them and called for 3 days and only get rude people telling me that i can't get out of my contract. This can't be legal and is not professional. This company should have there doors closed because all they are doing is scamming people.

• Br
      1st of Feb, 2013

Worst company we've ever dealt with. I agree with all the complaints I've read because unfortunately we are experiencing the same thing. I'm surprised this company still exist. What's the Attorney General and Better Business doing?

• Al
      21st of Aug, 2015

Agree. I just experience the worst customer service ever.

• Pa
      20th of Feb, 2017

Safe Home Security (SHS) does not meet its guarantee certificate commitments. Locked in rates - SHS attempted to increase rates as soon as system needed service. Lifetime warranty - SHS charged for part and did not deliver part or perform service. Best customer service - after multiple phone calls could not get a service scheduled from SHS even after escalating the issue to management. Attempted to cancel contract but SHS appears unresponsive. They are, however, continuing to take their monthly fee even though they are no longer performing the monitoring service.