RushCard / everything

VA, United States Review updated:

I obtained aRushcard Visa in February. I put money on my card via green dot money pak. I was given a notice that my account was closed due to too many deposits. They took my paycheck of 460.00 and will not refund it to me. They said I needed to fax my ID SS card, and proof of residency. I faxed that along with a receipt of my last deposit. They kept telling me 24-48 hrs for my card to be unblocked. Needless to say, they didnt unblock it, they closed my account without any further explanation. This company sucks, and we all should band together and make them pay us back any and all money that they stole from us!!! This is legal theft as far as Im concerned. If anyone should be complaining, it should be moneypak, because Rushcard recieved 1.00 and 1.95 everytime you use the card, so what are they ### about?? We should be able to put our money in there, and do what we want with it, this is cash money we are talking about, not credit. The IRS doesnt even do this!!! These non-educated customer service folks need to speak way better English before taking a job where they have to talk about other people's money, they have no clue as to what they are doing, and they don't care either. Put a stop to Rushcard...I lost alot of money, and am being treated like a criminal.

Comments

• Cl
      11th of Apr, 2012

Your account has been closed as a result of unusual account activity. We’re happy to discuss this matter with you at any time, but for reasons of confidentiality we are unable to provide further information via public, online conversation. We invite you to contact us at [protected]@rushcard.com. Please be sure to provide your precise name, address and telephone number, so that a representative from our corporate office may contact you via telephone. Please be advised that all conversations will be recorded to ensure complete accuracy.

20th of Apr, 2012

my direct deposit was supposed to have been available the same day at has been a week now my gas will be shut off Monday i adopted a new baby that will come this afternoon and i don't have any money to buy formula if you like having your own money never deposit it on a rushcard i learned my lesson, i tried calling their corporate number but was told that they don't have a number for corporate since that is just a small office the customer service people all seem to be from India so i did have a hard time understanding them please learn from my mistake my name is sabine kleis and i was a rushcard victim
    sabine.[protected]@gmx.com

• Aa
      21st of May, 2012

On or about April 11th 2012 I reported my Rushcard lost with the request for another. I never received my card and phoned Rush svcs. Several times with a promise of receiving it by mid-May. I have hundreds on my card and even asked to xsfer my money to my wife's account to no avail. I've fussed and cursed them after they asked me to fax over proof of SS#, address & driver license just to tell me the faxe isn't clear. I am furious and asked them to close my acct and mail me my refund check with balance of funds. Today is May 21st and I feel Ima have to take them to court.