Royal-Holiday / Scam

Mexico Review updated:

We were promised all kinds of stuff to lure us in. We were told that we would get our investment back after 30 years but if you read the small print on back of certificate it is not true. We did some comparison shoping and found that it was actually cheaper to book vacations though a travel agent or Expedia than it was through Holday Travel. The royal holdiay website is also a joke. When you try to book a vacation, it keeps telling you that it is unavailable. Also your annual membership can go up every year, they tell you that they need 70% of membership approval to do so but that is not true. They also can collect special fees for such things as hurricane damage. We were told by our sales rep in Cancun Mexico that if we were not satisfied or found that we did like the program we could cancel at anytime and get a full refund. I called to cancel and get a refund and was told that we cant cancel and can not get a refund. They keep telling you to call back at a certain time or they will call you and they never call back. We purchased our Royal-Holiday vacation in Cancun Mexico at the Grand Oasis Cancun The week of October 26, 2007. the high pressure sales there is unbelievable. We used to like going there but will never return to that hotel again.

Comments

Ev
  20th of Nov, 2007
In 2005 they grudgingly asked me to write a letter to a Program director Mr. Gorgona ? for Premier Holiday Travel.
My beef was the same , twice i tried to book a vacation and twice I could not get the Hotel I wanted which was the the same Hotel I was coaxed from The Real Chain of Hotels. Well I mailed that letter and never again heard from them till yesterday
and it was someone on our end (somewhere in U.S.A.) trying to talk down to me and threaten me with damaging my credit.
they did not let me get a word in, then at that time i was willing to take on my initial loss , but now I'm willing to fight and will seek legal action as well as trying to get the past monies , and from what I've read on other posts... it seems like they love pulling a quick members meeting for the newbies and writing back to you to tell you it was a complete success and you now owe an extra one time $499 fee ! for upgrades? shame on the Mexican Government for not taking a proactive stance and dissolving these cockroaches ! they must not understand that this will directly Impact future travel Dollars for them! Well hopefully we will get somewhere, I would love to inform Someone whom cares in Mexico respectfully and cordially but where would I start?

Royal Holiday Vacation Club Logo Royal Holiday Vacation Club