RoomStore.com / The worst &customer service& department ever

This customer service department is INSANE! The store and sales staff were great. Then I had to deal with "customer service" in the corporate office within 1 week of delivery. They botched the pre-treatment and refused to take responsibility! I PAID for this service and their response to me was "If you clean the couch we will treat it" are you kidding if you did your job to begin with I wouldn't need to even have this conversation and then lets not forget the line that made me blow my lid from the director of customer service "You will listen to me first" This is the guy that runs the show?

Va

Comments

• Va
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    RoomStore.com - Don't shop there
    roomstore.com

Shopping at the Roomstore was a nightmare for me!

To make a long story short, and keep my pressure down, we now own a huge sofa that has pillow seating which is totally too small!

We sent the first furniture back because there were all kinds of defects (rips, huge gaps, dirt, etc.).

The second set contains less conspicuous faults that become more visible when you sit on the sofa.

I contacted the headquarters and was promised a call from a supervisor. That was seven months ago... Beware! The roomstore sells bloopers!

Don't become the next casualty - shop somewhere else!

• Te
      5th of Aug, 2008

I am not sure who Sherry spoke with because I am the Director of Customer Service.

12th of Aug, 2008

Roomstore is trying to scam me out of $200 over a discount that they initially promised and then revoked. I called customer service and they said they don't handle discounts and that I would have to work directly with the store manager, which is the person whom with I have a dispute. No resolution. Will not buy from again...

12th of Aug, 2008

I have had similar problems with their customer service. It seems like they specifically receive training on how to scam people and take their money, rather than resolve problems...

• Ec
      6th of Sep, 2009
    RoomStore.com - Terrible company
    roomstore.com

I recently spent over $2000 purchasing a sofa, chair, coffee table, and two end tables from Roomstore. While our sales person was helpful in the store, I now can't reach him and cannot get information from anyone who works there about where my furniture is- 5 weeks after I ordered it, and one month from the original estimated delivery date. Not only that, but in the meantime I rushed to clear out my old couches, dumping them instead of taking time to try to sell them or donate them because I thought I was getting my furniture within a few days of purchasing it.

I have called Roomstore 4 times asking where the heck my furniture is and they keep telling me that they are waiting on one piece- the sofa and that they won't deliver everything until all of it is together unless I want to pay for additional delivery. So I asked if someone could call the factory to see when they will be getting in the sofa and "they don't have a way to do that." WHAT?! When I insisted on having a date today when I called she said, "this says it will be in in mid August." I pointed out that that was NOW and tried to verify- "So it will be in in the next couple of days?"

"I guess so."

Beyond that I keep getting told that my salesperson will contact me which hasn't happened. Not to mention this is all on their credit card which seemed like a scam and a half in itself.

5 weeks later I'm getting tired of my roomy, un furnitured living room and I want my darn couch. Maybe this is why they give you a year to pay for the crap- it takes them that long to get it to you.

• Ca
      25th of Feb, 2010
    RoomStore.com - This is utterly ridiculous
    roomstore.com

I purchased a living room set from the ROOMSTORE in December of 2008. In March the massage unit on one side of the couch stopped working. Since March technicians have been to my house at least three times ordering more and more parts and the problem is still not fixed. This is now May 14th!!! Although we purchased under the 36 months NO PAYMENTS, We have made payments totalling nearly $1000.00 which equates to 5 months of payments. We have held up our end of the agreement made with the ROOMSTORE by making payments and feel that the same courtesy and service is owed to us. They did not provide me with a product that works as it is should have. We continue to get the run around.

To top it off, after calling today, I'm more pissed now than I was before I called! The customer service rep said that because we are under warranty, we have to give them the opportunity to fix the couch; and that them giving us a refund or exchanging the couch for another one is not an option. She gave me a web address to the room store customer service saying that I have to go to this site and put in what is wrong, and that someone would contact me. THIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!!!

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER PIECE OF FURNITURE FROM THIS COMPANY. NOR WILL I RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE PURCHASE FROM THEM!!