Roomster Corporation / scam alert!! this company operates a scam business!! all fake!!

I signed up for this site here in Los Angeles in Jan 2019 and paid through PayPal for 30 day subscription. Within days of using it, I found over 80% of the listings to be suspicious and I reported many of them directly to the Roomster.com site and days later my account was deleted without any reply or explanation! What a scam!! People reading this please don't waste your time or good hard earned money on this site. A total scam...no doubt about it!! I can say nothing good here. Not one person I contacted appeared to be legit.. NOT ONE!!! unbelievable. I even found same person using multiple names and multiple pictures of girls.. same scam artist with different ads...unbelievable!!! These scams artists claim to be renting a room but all of them say they are out of town for work or school and ask you to send a deposit to hold the room until they return to meet you...WTF!!! Total Total Total SCAM!!!

Dt
Jan 17, 2019

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Feb, 2019

I created a profile on Roomster on February 20th, 2019, in search of a room/place. After completing the registration for the so called free service, I was asked to upgrade the service. I did not and soon realized you cannot open the messaging feature without doing so. You may however send messages to possible openings. I messaged well over 30 people in regards to their homes for rent or people renting their rooms out. I received email alerts that several people were sending me messages so I upgraded my service to 5 days for $7.95 ... which is foolish enough, but when I opened my messages, I only had four messages! Not several like my email alerts had claimed. Two of these messages were from two different woman (different listings anyways), with relatively the same listing requests. After sending them both my email around 3:55am they both emailed me back with identical responses one right after the other by 4:12am. Requesting an application fee of $75.
    The other two were from Apartment realtors, which I never inquired about apartments, not once.

Roomster.com is a bunch of scam artists on one site. Anyone who returns your messages, is always out of town for work or something in the same sort.
    After reading these other comments I was scared of being charged for the full subscription and went to "Settings' to cancel my subscription. I sent a message to customer service asking if this was a scam because of what happened with the two women, and the fact no one was returning my messages. They replied with a simple answer to keep with it for more than a week (which is passed my 5-day trial) and people would soon message me back. I soon after went to my profile and deleted all my personal information, then deleted my account.
    DO NOT USE THIS SITE.