Rooms To Go

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 by

king size mattress encasement and protector

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I have purchased thousands of dollars of furniture from the Baton Rouge Rooms to Go located on Siegen Lane. On Labor Day weekend my wife and I returned to purchase a king size mattress and box springs. The salesperson persuaded us to also 'try' the $149 encasement and mattress protector. All of our purchases were delivered the following Wednesday. Upon arrival we examined the mattress encasement and protector and decided that it was not what we wanted and my wife attempted to return it the very next day. She was greeted by an individual identifying himself as the store manager by the name of Jody Catalano. He immediately advised my wife that the company had a 'No Return' policy. She explained that the encasement and protector were not what we wanted, at the time of sale we were not warned of the no return policy, and that she was returning it within 48 hours. He was rude, abrupt and condescending. I visited the store Saturday and met Mr. Catalano who again declined to accept the return. He declined to give me the name of his supervisor. I left the 'product' with Mr. Catalano even though he insisted that I had to take it with me.
First, it is inappropriate to have a 'no return policy' without advising the consumer prior to the point of purchase. (It only appears on the receipt after the purchase.) Second, it is a foolish business model to lose a customer for life over a $149 product. Finally, the unprofessional approach taken by Mr. Catalano reflects poor training and a lack of 'people skills'. For the record, it has cost me $149 to learn that I should never do business with this company again. I now consider it money well spent. Of course, I will pass along my experience to all family, friends and employees to warn them of the trap that awaits them if they do business with Rooms to Go. For me, it will now be "Room No More!"
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mattresses

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree