Rooms To Go Furniture / bad delivery, customer service, very unprofessional

1 Nashville, TN, United States Review updated:

Where do I start? Well, I ordered a seven piece living room set from rooms to go and my delivery date was Wednesday Dec. 15, 2011. They called and said they woyld be at my home between the hrs of 7am to 11 am. They came at 8:30 am which was perfectly okay. I ordered a sofa, loveseat, two end tables and two lamps. Well, they charge a 99 dollar delivery and set up fee so they were suppose to set up my cofee table and two endtables. That didn't happen! The represetative who set up the delivery called back to check with us for quality assurance asked me if everything was okay? I said no my tables were left unassembled and in boxes. She saud they were suppose to set those up. She then called them and they said they were in route to clarksville, tn which is an hr away from nashville. So she calls me back and said they would be back at 3pm to finish the job. At this point my mom and I are mad. So we wait till 3 still no rooms to go. We wait till 5 still no rooms to go. So we call back and the place is now closed. So my mom and I are convinced they are not coming back mind you my tables are still in boxes.So 7:50 pm rolls a round and it's a guy supposedly representing roomg to go. He came in his personal vehicle! I live alone I wasn't about to let some guy in my house that I don't know! I wanted a refund because this service was ridiculous. So I had to assemble the tables myself two days later! I want a refund but, I called them and they said that it's nothing they can do.

Comments

• Ko
      23rd of Dec, 2010

Lottab2004 - the occasional tables you purchase at Rooms To Go are customer assembly. Our drivers are asked to set them up as a courtesy if they have the time to complete that with completing their route that day. Your sales receipt should even state customer assembly required.
    If we do send a representative out to set up the tables after the delivery occurs - it is not uncommon for them to drive a smaller vehicle as their truck is not necessary and with the cost of fuel - it is more economical to drive a vehicle with better gas mileage. I am sorry that you were not comfortable with this.
    The delivery charge you pay does not include set up of the tables, therefore, a refund of the charges is not available in this situation. If you would like us to look into this further or provide more specific information, please email us your purchase information to tellus@roomstogo.com.

• Ob
      7th of Mar, 2012

ROOMS TO GO IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I would rather go to Pottery Barn and pay double the price, but at least they will do what they say!
    I was extremely patient for 1 hour while my salesman tried to help three different people - I should have been in and out in 20 minutes because I already knew what I wanted...
    After an hour we finally had the deal done it was to be delivered today
    3.7.2012 (I watched him click the button for today) - It's on my receipt that I signed... so I called customer service this morning to find out which 4 hour window I was in for delivery...only to get the person on the other end to say, we see your order but there is no delivery date set!!! WHAT??? Is it just going to sit there in your warehouse forever, until I call and say I didn't get it? Now the first available ship time is over a week from now...So guess who gets to explain to her three year old that his bunk beds will not be here today (after I have pumped it up so much- he was so excited this morning it was all he could talk about) crush his little heart...not rooms to go, MOM! I don't care if someone from the store or the warehouse has to load it up on their personal truck and drive it from Atlanta to Birmingham but YOU NEED TO MAKE IT RIGHT!!! I knew I should have gone somewhere else!!! PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID - Go to another store, deals are everywhere, and find someone who will actually do what they promise - You just lost a brand advocate RTG!!!