Roaman's / unethical conduct by company

United States Review updated:
3.75
My elderly mother ordered clothing which was supposed to come with free shipping. The clothing did not fit her, so she asked to return it. They told her to send it back, and they would send her another piece, which may fit her better. She did not want to, but the phone sales lady convinced her. The item arrived and it did not fit her, so she again returned the items. She then recieved a bill for $7.50 for "UPS return." This bill arrived when she was spending a month visiting family out of town. By the time she returned home, there was a second bill for $27.50, for "late fees." My mother does not have a lot of money, being on a fixed income. She did not know what to do. Sure enough, they kept increasing the amounts, and now has received a bill for $87.94, with threats to ruin her credit. She finally told me about it, and I am seeking to have the company investigated for scamming and scaring elders. They are still harassing her and increasing the amounts. Again, she has not items from the company. She returned everything!! What immoral behavior by a company.
Ts

Comments

Mj
  5th of Nov, 2008
I totally sympathize with you.

This company does FALSE ADVERTISING!

I received a sale catalog, hopped right online and placed my order on 9/30/2008.

Then when 2 1/2 weeks went by without receiving the package, I followed up with them and was told the item was on "back order" and in the "Date Expected" section were three question marks ? ? ?

So I emailed them and asked them what ? ? ? meant in terms of a backorder timeline. I was then told that the item would be shipped out on 11/27/2008. So I contacted them again and said that this was a long while, but at least I'd have my shoes in time for the Holidays.

Well, I received one email day before yesterday on 11/3/2008 that stated that my item would be shipping out "any day now" and then just now another lovely Roaman's email popped into my inbox and stated that my order has been cancelled.

So ... all of the previous emails were to keep me browsing and buying.

Believe ME ... I will not purchase from Roamans ever again.

We are savvy shoppers and will not be treated unfairly by a company that clearly does not care one bit about customer service.

Prior to this fiasco, I ordered three separate pants suits. All three packages I received contained THE WRONG ITEMS. Wrong color, wrong style and wrong size!! When I called Customer Service, they were quite nonchalant about it ... because it happens ALL THE TIME.

Anyway, I wrote this so that I may save some of you some time and many hassles. BEWARE OF ROAMANS CATALOG ... THEY ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

Happy Holidays everyone!

MJ from NJ :o)
Re
  27th of Feb, 2010
Ive shopped Roamans online for a long time and never had any trouble with anything. They have it stated if they cannot fill your order and it is back ordered...they will only back order it 3 times and then they cancel the order. This is actually for your benefit so as to keep you from waiting an unreasonable amount of time.
Bu
  11th of May, 2011
When it happens to you RestlessHeart you will fill different. Everything I order from Roamans lately is back ordered. Maybe I'm just picking the cute items. Here is my email to them:

To whom it may concern,

I am extremely disappointed in your system for back ordered items. Over the past year I believe every purchase I have made or tried to make with you resulted in a back ordered item. Why are the items you sell not in stock? It's almost as if you put stuff online and in your catalog before you even have any of it in stock to "test" it out to see if it will sale. Then when it starts selling like hotcakes, you back order everything. This would only work for the customer if they were trying to order winter clothing in May. One of the items I looked at tonight is back ordered until August! It's a summer dress?! The absolute worst part is that half of my back orders resulted in CANCELED orders! So I am excited and awaiting my great purchase only to have it canceled on me after having it rescheduled 2-3 times already. It's a shame and a total disappointment. You've got to do better than this before this type of negative feedback becomes what you are associated with.

Totally disappointed.