Ringtone.com / online survey is a scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

while filling out a survey the site asks for a phone number to send a pin # to. I had it sent to my daughter's phone and when she got the text message containing the pin # she called me and told me the numbers, so I entered the number into the box in the survey then the next screen appeared and asked me to buy products. At this point I closed the webpage and did not agree to buy anything. my daughter got a text message a minute later stating her phone account was being charged for a monthly service. this is an online scam.

jim hill

Comments

• Ls
      15th of Oct, 2007
    Ringtone.com - Poor service!

This site forces you to register in order to browse the ringtones, but once you register you are billed a NON-refundable fee of $9.99 whether you ever use the service or not. You can cancel the "service" immediately but you will still be billed the $9.99 just for signing onto the website. Don't waste your time or money with ringtone.com!

• Kr
      3rd of Nov, 2007

I decided to register with Ringtones.com because of the variety of ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Needless to say that downloading the ringtones/wallpapers did not work for me after following the instructions. I emailed ringtones several times only to get the standard "someone will contact you within etc... email" and I still haven't received any email - this was about two months ago.

Lesson to be learned - don't trust every website as being legit and this is definitely one that is not!!!

• It
      25th of Jun, 2009

this is in no way an online scam, if you would have read the page before entering the information, or if your daughter would have finished reading the text message before blindly giving you the pin number, you both would have seen that there was charges involved. As it states in the message and on the webpage when entering the pin number that there is charges. Just like anything else in this world maybe you should open your eyes and read what is in front of you.